2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be specifically a keeper issue.

Wasn't it Dave Beasant who sliced his foot open after trying to control a bottle of ketchup that fell out of a cupboard?

Absolute weirdos goalkeepers are.

Always the crap ones though innit. Never heard about Buffon trying to open a tin of beans with his toe or anything like that.

Always the crap ones though innit. Never heard about Buffon trying to open a tin of beans with his toe or anything like that.

8. Darius Vassell – During his days at Aston Villa, the former England striker rather foolishly attempted a spot of DIY medical care. Attempting to relive the pressure on a swollen big toe by draining the blood, he figured it would be a good idea to drill through the toe nail with a power tool! The result was a nasty infection and several weeks on the sidelines.

Any expectation that he comes back (and there's an IF before that) and slots into first team football here again is too ambitious. A year and a half is a long time to be out injured, how many players have spent that long out and come back to the same level or even close to that?

With the Villa game postponed, the next time we will likely hear from Carlo won't be until next Thurs or Fri, so very much doubt we will hear about Gbamin until then.

Surely, we get an update soon. If he isn't back out on the pitch with the team by end of the month, I think I will have officially lost all hope that he will ever contribute to the Club.

Twice I've drilled through a nail, 1 finger and 1 toe the finger when I caught it in a van door, toe through walking, not with a power tool of cause
, but with the smallest drill bit I could find and using my thumb and index finger twirled the bit until it when through the nail, the relief you get when the pressure is released from behind the nail is worth it.

Any expectation that he comes back (and there's an IF before that) and slots into first team football here again is too ambitious. A year and a half is a long time to be out injured, how many players have spent that long out and come back to the same level or even close to that?
Paul Bracewell was out for almost two years and was never the same player afterwards. He was still pretty good, but not the complete dynamo he was previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.