2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair they were only echoing the stick he got at every ground he played at and any player with that type of hairstyle would have got the same, whatever his skin tone.
It also made you forget he was absolutely crap as well.

Just this cultural shaming flying around. I went to school in Toxteth all the lads had either Carribbean,Chinese or Irish fathers. Lots of ribbing went on that wouldn't be acceptable now,but was of it's time. Baddiel as far as I remember wasn't censured at the time,so why is it an issue now?
Because the culture of the past, and by implication 'old people" is the only culture we're allowed to unreservedly insult.

It boils my piss every time Radio 4 extra apologises to millennials because an old comedy they're about to play 'was from a different* time' ... the most recent apology was from a show 5 years ago ffs.

*as in unwoke time, before the dawning of supercilious humourless simpering cryarse virtue signalling superiority.

Just 'koff modern Britain.

Because the culture of the past, and by implication 'old people" is the only culture we're allowed to unreservedly insult.

It boils my piss every time Radio 4 extra apologises to millennials because an old comedy they're about to play 'was from a different* time' ... the most recent apology was from a show 5 years ago ffs.

*as in unwoke time, before the dawning of supercilious humourless simpering cryarse virtue signalling superiority.

Just 'koff modern Britain.

Yeh mate 'old people' have it so tough:dodgy:

Yeh mate 'old people' have it so tough:dodgy:
Don't let the tories divide us. Being old is crap. 25 years into paying for a pension, the contracts were torn up and goalposts were changed. 30 years paying for the NHS only to find that when you need it the queue is 2 years long, that there are no NHS dentists around for 50 miles. That if I walk the half mile to the pub my knee needs a week to recover. That your prostate requires you to wake up in the middle of the night.
Yes the old have it hard, as do the youth. The problem isn't caused by the old, its caused by the tiny minority of elite toffs who almost exclusively benefit from the labours and funding of all our toils. They and their media companies have somehow convinced us all to blame one another instead.

Don't let the tories divide us. Being old is crap. 25 years into paying for a pension, the contracts were torn up and goalposts were changed. 30 years paying for the NHS only to find that when you need it the queue is 2 years long, that there are no NHS dentists around for 50 miles. That if I walk the half mile to the pub my knee needs a week to recover. That your prostate requires you to wake up in the middle of the night.
Yes the old have it hard, as do the youth. The problem isn't caused by the old, its caused by the tiny minority of elite toffs who almost exclusively benefit from the labours and funding of all our toils. They and their media companies have somehow convinced us all to blame one another instead.
Divide to conquer has never been so popular,use the term koff as much as you can, that'll be blocked soon enough. The friendly term of Richard has gone,the female dog,what next. lol

if you read back it was only brought up cos he was trying to take the piss out of everton being racist when he could be considered racist himself.
Taken from a quote from a UK daily.
"I loved it,” Lee recalled, in an interview with the Daily Mail. “I can’t sit here now and say I didn’t, although I changed my opinion slightly later."
Yes Baddiel's clumsy ill advised caracature was embarrassing for Baddiel as well as the player,but that can't be compared to thousands at Goodison making monkey noises and chanting "Everton are White" while a few even threw bananas onto the pitch.

Taken from a quote from a UK daily.
"I loved it,” Lee recalled, in an interview with the Daily Mail. “I can’t sit here now and say I didn’t, although I changed my opinion slightly later."
Yes Baddiel's clumsy ill advised caracature was embarrassing for Baddiel as well as the player,but that can't be compared to thousands at Goodison making monkey noises and chanting "Everton are White" while a few even threw bananas onto the pitch.

Again I'm not sure of your point, do you have a chart you look at and you have his racist behaviour below some Everton fans?

Again I'm not sure of your point, do you have a chart you look at and you have his racist behaviour below some Everton fans?
My point was the lad himself didn't object and states he in fact quite enjoyed it. Trying to link that through a second rate comedian to one of the darkest parts of our history is odd at the very least.

It also made you forget he was absolutely crap as well.
Never really looked into his career before,he did get about.
But anyway back to the plot,I really hope Gbamin recovers enough to have a decent impact here and if not with another team.

My point was the lad himself didn't object and states he in fact quite enjoyed it. Trying to link that through a second rate comedian to one of the darkest parts of our history is odd at the very least.

Who was trying to link it?
You are trying to excuse it.
All I said is I won't be listening to anything he says about racism.

Never really looked into his career before,he did get about.
But anyway back to the plot,I really hope Gbamin recovers enough to have a decent impact here and if not with another team.
Totally agree. He is living testimony of "when Everton touches you" I hope he can overcome his injury and be the player we want him to be.

Who was trying to link it?
You are trying to excuse it.
All I said is I won't be listening to anything he says about racism.
And I imagine he's not interested what Evertonians think of him. I'm not excusing it or trying to,just seeing it in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.