2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry for him is that his body seems to be very weak / finished when you consider the manner of his injuries:

Tearing a thigh muscle kicking a ball

Rupturing an achilles playing footie tennis

Damaging knee ligament having a player fall on you

I mean what happens if someone hacks him down during a match? or Mings does a challenge like he did tonight on DCL?

I'll be astonished if both physically/mentally he recovers enough to make it as a box to box midfielder in England. Ideally we would get him a loan move next season to build up fitness but I think he'll always have injury problems and end up another Bolasie/Toshun and be around the club barely playing until his contract expires.

Career is over

Thank you Brands
I think Brands has been underwhelming but I still don't get how he can be hit for this. Yes Gblammo had a few issues at Mainz but literally nothing indicated it would ever be this bad.

The only issue I've ever had with Gblammo was how crap the club was being with just simple updates for the lad to keep us rooting for him.

I think Brands has been underwhelming but I still don't get how he can be hit for this. Yes Gblammo had a few issues at Mainz but literally nothing indicated it would ever be this bad.

The only issue I've ever had with Gblammo was how crap the club was being with just simple updates for the lad to keep us rooting for him.

I agree with this. The social media / marketing team seem to just focus on Gomes , but Gbamin would have surely been better off getting a bit of love on social media. It counts for something.

Brands signed him when he wasn't fit...what's the medical these days? if arms and legs total 4 you're in?
Silva played him when he wasn't fit and 'ked him up.

Everton recruitment need to replace him. If he recovers and can fight for his place, great. But I don't want any of this "Gbamin will be a good asset" nonsense used to not sign a midfielder. We need to buy actual quality instead of taking a sentimental gamble on this fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.