2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, he looked like he was going to take a little while to get up to speed with the PL as it was. I think the injuries, together with the fact he'd need to adjust to the league, mean if we ever see him at his best, it'll probably be next season.

Yes to all of that. And if we are sensible that is the date we would have in mind. Use this year, as an exercise in essentially trying to get him up to speed.

I mean I do think part of him not being up to speed initially was he wasn't fit.

I havnt seen much of the fella, but I hope, and am rooting for him to come good for are club.
He will be a good addition to the squad .
Dont think we will see him till Jan, ease him back , it's a diffrent Everton team he will come back to his power will be added to it ,
he will not be the only one with it like when he last played good luck to the lad.

Have either though? I mean Coleman this season looks better, but is a very different Coleman and can't physically do what he could. I am not sure Gomes has shown that yard of pace yet either, and keeps getting niggles.

Gbamin was a muscle not a bone injury too. Look I am an optimist, and hope he does, but I am wary.
Hard to tell with Gomes, he had as many bad games before the injury as he’s had since he came back, and committed as many stupid irritating fouls as before.

How do people not get that. His leg his half sunken into a cushion and the prominent part of the right leg in the photo, is his shin. I don't care how hard you train, your shin doesn't get bigger muscles than your calf.

Well, I can only talk of my own reply, but I thought mine was obvious sarcasm.

Didn't land i guess.

Poor camera angle, he will have had loss of muscle mass, i ripped Hamstring on my left leg once and was a big decrease in muscle mass but i got mine back with some rehab, a professional athlete will have no issues here. Nothing to see here.

I want to be optimistic about Gbamin, because the idea of Gbamin and probably the player we signed, alongside Allan and Doucoure really completes the midfield.

However for a player who relied a fair bit on power, to have 18 moths out injured wth 2-3 major injuries is a big issue. The science is very good now, but so are the rigours on players.

Yakubu did similar and he too was really never the same again.

Take your point lad but JPG is still young enough to bounce back.

October - November was Carlo's last ETA for him in an interview a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can get him some minutes in a few games before Christmas and look to start him in the FA Cup in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.