2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with not rushing him back but we don’t have any option currently to replace Allan. Toss up between Delph and Davies, neither are ideal in that role. Same for the Doucoure position. Gbamin would be ideal cover for both of these.
Maybe we don't have the ideal cover atm for the Allan role but we do have players who can slot in and not need us to change system. Even Godfrey can play as a 6 by all accounts. Of course they aren't to the same level but I don't think Gbamin would be either as Allan is just that good imo.

Genuinely can't understand why you started crying?

You say you'd play him at CB (despite him never playing a game there in his life).

I say it's a crap idea.

You start sobbing.

I'll just not engage you in the future mate, you're clearly too sensitive to be challenged by a differing opinion. Sorry about that.

Insinuating that I'm immature despite you hurling insults on your first reply... Lol.

Sorry to interrupt the handbags at dawn, but I was under the impression gbamin has played at center back for mainz and his agent actually feels that is his best position?? I might be totally wrong and made this up and I'm not for one minute suggesting put him at the back for us.

Sorry to interrupt the handbags at dawn, but I was under the impression gbamin has played at center back for mainz and his agent actually feels that is his best position?? I might be totally wrong and made this up and I'm not for one minute suggesting put him at the back for us.
According to Transfermarkt hes played there 36 times over the course of his career.

Which, I am no expert, but I think might be more than never.

Bolassie was once decent, long injuries unfortunately don't normally have no effect at all, the longer the less likely he'll ever recover properly.

I know it's putting the cup half empty rather than half full view, but look what happened to the once promising Jack Wilshire, he was never really the same after that first horrific injury, Fernando Torres was a world beater with lightening pace but hammy's admittedly are something unique as far as injuries go, laughable the sh*te managed to persuade Chelsea to buy him for such a fee though.

Obviously not like for like, and the nature of some injuries are far harder to recover from but football history is littered with such cases and there are many more who are never the same than those who fully recover

I'm not exactly holding my breath about this tbh.

I want to be optimistic about Gbamin, because the idea of Gbamin and probably the player we signed, alongside Allan and Doucoure really completes the midfield.

However for a player who relied a fair bit on power, to have 18 moths out injured wth 2-3 major injuries is a big issue. The science is very good now, but so are the rigours on players.

Yakubu did similar and he too was really never the same again.

Imagine when he comes back we will be massive. Up the Blue Grocks.

Teams will treble off our set pieces with Dom, Rich, Mina, Keane, Doucoure, Gbamin and Rodders putting the balls in.

I want to be optimistic about Gbamin, because the idea of Gbamin and probably the player we signed, alongside Allan and Doucoure really completes the midfield.

However for a player who relied a fair bit on power, to have 18 moths out injured wth 2-3 major injuries is a big issue. The science is very good now, but so are the rigours on players.

Yup, too many times such a prone to injuries or long absence put player in the washing machine and he is gone forever.

Yup, too many times such a prone to injuries or long absence put player in the washing machine and he is gone forever.

Unlike bones, I think it's very hard for muscle injuries to recover to the same degree they once where. Generally scar tissue will be left. More train is put on other parts of the body as well. I wish him the best. He's a young lad, very athletic and will have the best medical help available, so he has the best opportunity available to him.

Coleman has come back fairly good ,as has Gomes
Took a while mind but they got there

Truth be told, he looked like he was going to take a little while to get up to speed with the PL as it was. I think the injuries, together with the fact he'd need to adjust to the league, mean if we ever see him at his best, it'll probably be next season.

Maybe we don't have the ideal cover atm for the Allan role but we do have players who can slot in and not need us to change system. Even Godfrey can play as a 6 by all accounts. Of course they aren't to the same level but I don't think Gbamin would be either as Allan is just that good imo.

Yeah I’m hoping Godfrey could cover. No one will be as good as Allan, but it’s the drop off in pace that kills us. Doucoure and Allan get around the pitch and pressure the opposition into giving the ball up. They can chase opposition runners and launch counters. When we play Siggurdson or Davies the drop off in pace when we’re defending is staggering, even Brighton found it very easy to play round us. I’d much rather put a quick body in there like Gbamin Holgate Godfrey if we had to to replace Allan or Doucoure and we were a little less tidy on the ball than rely on Davies or Sigurdsson who just do not have the pace to play at the top end of the premier league.

Genuinely can't understand why you started crying?

You say you'd play him at CB (despite him never playing a game there in his life).

I say it's a crap idea.

You start sobbing.

I'll just not engage you in the future mate, you're clearly too sensitive to be challenged by a differing opinion. Sorry about that.

Insinuating that I'm immature despite you hurling insults on your first reply... Lol.

Gbamin has played centre back previously.

His agent has said he thinks it'll be his best position.

Coleman has come back fairly good ,as has Gomes
Took a while mind but they got there

Have either though? I mean Coleman this season looks better, but is a very different Coleman and can't physically do what he could. I am not sure Gomes has shown that yard of pace yet either, and keeps getting niggles.

Gbamin was a muscle not a bone injury too. Look I am an optimist, and hope he does, but I am wary.

Yeah I’m hoping Godfrey could cover. No one will be as good as Allan, but it’s the drop off in pace that kills us. Doucoure and Allan get around the pitch and pressure the opposition into giving the ball up. They can chase opposition runners and launch counters. When we play Siggurdson or Davies the drop off in pace when we’re defending is staggering, even Brighton found it very easy to play round us. I’d much rather put a quick body in there like Gbamin Holgate Godfrey if we had to to replace Allan or Doucoure and we were a little less tidy on the ball than rely on Davies or Sigurdsson who just do not have the pace to play at the top end of the premier league.

I think Godfrey could find himself being a bit of a utility guy at first and yes he looks like he could fill in in midfield just as easily than at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.