Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has favoured at least one left footer in his back four usually.
Hopefully he sees enough in Jarrad to place him as a 'Ben' Mee' style left centre back to go alongside Tarkowski.

£12m is a joke of a fee even if he turns out to be a bit crap. Young, quick, strong, left footed centre back who can pass. Worth double that easy.

Just going to choose to believe that it’s nonsense and that Dyche will want to look at him pre-season.

But nobody in the Eredivisie is paying 25m for a young centre back.

I'll be fuming if we sell this kid, even more so if it's a paltry amount. We need to be building around these types of players. The word experience does my head in, it literally has no tangible effect, maybe ability is a better check on players but for some reason some, people seem to think experience counts for a lot.

I don't think it would be down to Dyche if we sell or keep him

This doesnt make sense to me. He decides who he keeps in the squad.

I'll be fuming if we sell this kid, even more so if it's a paltry amount. We need to be building around these types of players. The word experience does my head in, it literally has no tangible effect, maybe ability is a better check on players but for some reason some, people seem to think experience counts for a lot.

Young players can be fearless as well...all to prove.

He, Onana, Garner, Patterson and McNeil need to be held onto long term -- unless the offers are massive.

This doesnt make sense to me. He decides who he keeps in the squad.

Young players can be fearless as well...all to prove.

He, Onana, Garner, Patterson and McNeil need to be held onto long term -- unless the offers are massive.

FFS could suggest other wise mate

plus funds to help the squad

20 million i doubt we will say no

It's about the situation we're in though.

Financially cash strapped.
Thin and poor squad.
Relegation battle past 2 seasons.

Ideal world we give youth a chance.

Real world is 4 months into the job and if it doesn't work... we're back in a relegation scrap and a new manager.

You allow youth to thrive in good environments. We don't have that yet.

FFS could suggest other wise mate

plus funds to help the squad

20 million i doubt we will say no

It's about the situation we're in though.

Financially cash strapped.
Thin and poor squad.
Relegation battle past 2 seasons.

Ideal world we give youth a chance.

Real world is 4 months into the job and if it doesn't work... we're back in a relegation scrap and a new manager.

You allow youth to thrive in good environments. We don't have that yet.
Our squad looks bloated to me and we also have just seen £100mil+ come off our FFP.

Players like Branthwaite have to be retained or else were waving the white flag.

Branthwaite could be the next John Stones if he's fostered carefully. You can't be a bad player if you're 20 years old and are getting 90 minutes every week for a decent size side like PSV.

When I say JS I don't mean that he could end up a world class defensive midfielder, but that he could go on to be a £50m player and play at the highest level.

We don't want another team benefiting from those riches. If he improves then we need to be the ones getting the big money for him, not selling him on the cheap now and regretting it.

Our squad looks bloated to me and we also have just seen £100mil+ come off our FFP.

Players like Branthwaite have to be retained or else were waving the white flag.

We've 17 first team players at the moment out of last season's current squad. This doesn't take into account probable exits.

A 25 man squad need submitting.

Bloated it isn't.

White flags went up 2 seasons ago

We've 17 first team players at the moment out of last season's current squad. This doesn't take into account probable exits.

A 25 man squad need submitting.

Bloated it isn't.

White flags went up 2 seasons ago
Its all centre halfs which is the problem and two of them aren't really good enough along with Branthwaite as a young one. Centre backs aren't really at the peak until around 27/28.

Still got to get Ali and Gomes off the wage bill. Especially Ali no way do we want to be giving Spurs any money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.