Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saliba at Arsenal was 21 and people think his injury was their downfall

See the follow up post about him being on loan for 2 years in France before coming back.

And that's 1 player. Arguably one of the best in Europe around his age in a very well ran arsenal side.

We're Everton and picked up a lad from Carlisle.

Ok, Wesley fofana. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Played in a Leicester side that finished 8th and 5th and won an FA Cup.

It's alright being "good enough, old enough" and giving examples of better ran and very good sides compared to us.

The ones that finished 16th and 17th with the hopes to not be in the same position again... different ball game.

All for JB playing. Ideal world we blood and take risks on younger players. Reality is... we're not a good side. We have 1 good centre back. We don't have the environment to hope he can do well over 30 games a season. So I'll be surprised if Dyche puts all his faith in him.

I really hope someone sits down with him and explains how Everton plan to help him improve and make him a part of the first team next season. We need to be building a team around a core of players like Pickford, Branthwaite, Garner and McNeil, not selling them off the first chance we get.

£12m is a joke of a fee even if he turns out to be a bit crap. Young, quick, strong, left footed centre back who can pass. Worth double that easy.

Just going to choose to believe that it’s nonsense and that Dyche will want to look at him pre-season.
I suspect a lot of this is PSV leaking some made up stories to make it look to their fans like they tried their best to sign him but couldn’t sort the finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.