January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeeper position is sorted: Pickford & Virginia.

Full back positions will need addressing in the summer at the latest with Ashley Young turning 39 and Coleman surely hanging up the boots. In January, I’d look at a versatile full back who can play both sides (eg Kyle Walker-Peters).

Centre back is fine for now: Tarkowski and Branthwaite first choice, with Keane & Godfrey as backup.

Midfield is OK. Onana, Gueye (away for AFCON), Doucoure, Garner, plus Harrison played in the AM slot recently. Add in Dele, Onyango & Gomes as emergency backup. We can get by until the summer, but if a good option becomes available, we should go for it.

Wide positions are fine for now: McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma, Young, and maybe Dobbin in those areas. Again, will need to address in the summer with Harrison & Danjuma only here on loan and Young turning 39.

Forward position is sorted: DCL, Beto and Chermiti.
I'd be giving Coleman another year, showed against Newcastle he can still perform - he's vital for the dressing room - need characters like that in the squad

I'd like another CM on loan in Jan if possible, possibly another winger as were short after 1 injury, I like the idea of Cornet as a realistic option, Dyche would get him going again, can play a couple of positions too

Holgate is worse than Godfrey and Keane. Why would we want to bring him back?

Keane is the worst of the three. Ideally you play neither, but if the options are:

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Keane

Or

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Holgate plus a few mill that could go to a new signing

Then I’ll take option B

We could probably then still sell Holgate in the summer. Either way we need to move both out but the sooner Michael Keane is out of the football club the better as far as I’m concerned. He can single handedly destroy everything Dyche has tried to build here. Given our league position, we can’t afford for him to play any games.

Keane is the worst of the three. Ideally you play neither, but if the options are:

Or

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Holgate plus a few mill that could go to a new signing

Then I’ll take option B

We could probably then still sell Holgate in the summer. Either way we need to move both out but the sooner Michael Keane is out of the football club the better as far as I’m concerned. He can single handedly destroy everything Dyche has tried to build here. Given our league position, we can’t afford for him to play any games.
Love the idea to have the big lump out of the team, but "sell him"... to who? lol

Or

Then I’ll take option B

I mean you can do the exact same scenario but just sell Holgate.

Keanes makes bad mistakes,but I think overall he is a better player than Holgate...also he's a threat in the opponents box
I would take Keane over Godfrey and Holgate, we know he has massive brain farts but his overall performances are better.

Holgate gives so many needless fouls away in dangerous areas and Godfrey apart from his physique and pace is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.