January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

Same goes for DCL in terms of actual offers...

I would expect both to be in demand.
for how much?

What would you put his value at in Jan and also summer if he remains fit?
Really tough with DCL given we don’t really know the long term injury prognosis, his willingness to sign a new contract, or indeed how much our finances require us to sell players. We don’t even know where we are in the league which would have a bearing in Jan.

For me, he does a lot of things brilliantly and I’m a big fan, but seen in recent weeks he maybe isn’t as clinical as the likes of Toney or Watkins so maybe he’s in the 60-70m bracket rather than pushing 80 plus. That’s probably what you’d want to weaken the side in January, in the summer if he’s got 12 months to go you maybe need to take 40-50m?

In an ideal world we want to renew him to protect his value, even if that’s with a release clause. But that carries a risk too because you look pretty stupid if he’s tied down for 5 years at 100k a week and his problems start again.

As a loan it makes perfect sense in this team.

Kind of. But we need to look at CM profiles.

Lose Garner / Onana and were left with Gomes -- not Gana at AFCON.

Right wing if Dobbin moves left/right may be ok but still...a young player (yawn typical zat) would be a good move with Harrison only on loan -- who we shouldnt make permanent.

Agreed. I mentioned him a year or two ago simply due to the profile i think (cant remember).

Who :eek:

Mate, mate, mate...

No one is worse than Keane.

But we wont sell both keane and godfrey so if we could sell one id welcome back holgate as a stopgap.

Sell 2 if possible and bring in someone to develop over the rest of the season / or a loan.

Billing is really underrated. Said for a long time.

Harwood belis im confused why burnley didnt sign him after his loan.

Bergval / bergvali (sp) and Bardji(sp) @Simon Buttle mentioned before.

If we can punt some deadwood and bring in loans id be fine with that and a couple of kids to develop.

Most important is to keep:
Branthwaite
Onana
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Patterson (until the penny drops for dyche)
Garner
Mcneil
Not convinced you read my post correctly but I don’t disagree with what you’ve said.

evan rottier
No way he is 21

1702391544083.png

I have a question...

Why have we not had public (media) links for Pickford recently? Super keeper but for us and our growth hes now at the prime (for a year already) to sell and reinvest ?

Cos Pickford signed a new contract and told the world he was happy here and Dom is the same. Why has there been no links to Onana and Branners for 300m like you claim?

I have a question...

Big mistake to sell a keeper in his prime. Teams with much greater resources than us have really struggled to find decent keepers despite spending lots of money on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.