January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudus was a loan, we probably spent the Mudryk money on Maupay and McNeil and I never saw any real links to Gakpo.

Impossible to say what we will do this upcoming window tho, although I would be shocked if we spent a lot.
I think we're brassic tbh. Sell to buy this Jan.

Everton that. Ending up with Maupay and McNeil instead of Kudus and Mudryk.

Kudus looks a great talent
It didn't work like that though we bought Mcneil because he was 5m up front and not the 15m they wanted for Cornet. We bought Maupay because we went down our list after we couldn't get Broja out of Chelsea. I am not saying either is a good signing but I don't believe either were seen as more than squad players. The over reliance on the idea that DCL would be fit and starting most weeks and that Gordon would suddenly go up levels is part of the issue too.

We had a loan agreement for Kudus I doubt we could have afforded his fee, but Ajax blocked it after they sold Antony. The reason we are struggling to complete deals for good players is how far our reputation has declined, a lack of funds due to our boards/DOFs mismanagement over years and a lack of taking the chance and backing our scouting so we end up with the bang average "EPL" option.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Mina had a bit of a reputation for being crocked when we signed him. He was injured from the get-go before we signed him, we had to wait for him to become injury free before he could play.
Definitely did. Very vague, but I remember the narrative in Spanish media being that Barca liked him but were pleased with our offer because they couldn't get him fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.