January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You call it mentality, I call it reality.

We are not the same.

….of the players we brought in this summer, I don’t think Tarkowski, Gueye, Onana, Maupay or Coady have had much time out with injury. Only Garner has had a knock keeping him out for a spell which fortunately coincides with the World Cup.

The DCL situation has been dreadfully managed because the club haven’t purchased an effective alternative option. The Patterson injury happened with Scotland. It’s unlikely Godfrey or Holgate would be getting game time ahead of the new lads.

i just find it a bit boring and negative when posters suggest if we brought a player in they’d inevitably suffer injury.

….of the players we brought in this summer, I don’t think Tarkowski, Gueye, Maupay or Coady have had much time out with injury. Only Garner has had a knock keeping him out for a spell which fortunately coincides with the World Cup.

The Dominic Calvert-Lewin situation has been dreadfully managed because the club haven’t purchased an effective alternative option. The Patterson injury happened with Scotland. It’s unlikely Godfrey or Holgate would be getting game time ahead of the new lads.

i just find it a bit boring when posters suggest if we brought a player in they’d inevitably suffer injury.
Its just a joke bruh.

Its not that deep.

…oh, I see. Perhaps when you hear a joke repeated and repeated it‘s just not funny.
I do find it funny tho that you say its boring and then give a list of players who are injured, whilst also in another thread saying that you think FF pitches are too firm and saying thats a reason we suffer a lot of injuries.

Boring or not, we do seem to suffer more injuries than other teams.

Mina misses about 7 games in 6 years, joins Everton and then is constantly injured.
Gmblammo misses 2 games in 4 years, joins Everton and then misses nearly 3 years with injury.
Calvert Lewin finally starts scoring goals, then gets injured and misses nearly 2 years.
Garner joins Everton and then misses 2 months with a random back injury.

Also, can you recall another club suffering as many leg breaks as us? Coleman, Gomes, Oveido, Godfrey, im sure ive forgotten somebody.

So boring to you it might be, but its not totally based on banter.

Of all the garbage we've signed over the years, the one player we missed out on looks to be the one player we really shouldn't have missed out on! Looked quality everytime I've watched him this kudus.

I do find it funny tho that you say its boring and then give a list of players who are injured, whilst also in another thread saying that you think FF pitches are too firm and saying thats a reason we suffer a lot of injuries.

Boring or not, we do seem to suffer more injuries than other teams.

Mina misses about 7 games in 6 years, joins Everton and then is constantly injured.
Gmblammo misses 2 games in 4 years, joins Everton and then misses nearly 3 years with injury.
Calvert Lewin finally starts scoring goals, then gets injured and misses nearly 2 years.
Garner joins Everton and then misses 2 months with a random back injury.

Also, can you recall another club suffering as many leg breaks as us? Coleman, Gomes, Oveido, Godfrey, im sure ive forgotten somebody.

So boring to you it might be, but its not totally based on banter.

….I’m not saying we don’t have injuries, I’m just saying there’s constantly repeated negative posts that if we sign a new player they’ll suffer a serious fate. Performances are depressing enough. Kudus had a very serious injury he was only recovering from when we bid, the video of his path to recovery is very good.

Perhaps we need to look at the type of injuries (big muscle injuries) and improve recovery times. No idea about broken legs, Rondon was a complete accident on McCarthy, Coleman a dreadful tackle, Gomes & Oviedo avoidable. I did think Godfrey was a result of his ‘get stuck-in’ attitude and I think time out will give him time to contemplate he needs to put his physical attributes to better effect.

….I’m not saying we don’t have injuries, I’m just saying there’s constantly repeated negative posts that if we sign a new player they’ll suffer a serious fate. Performances are depressing enough.

Perhaps we need to look at the type of injuries (big muscle injuries) and improve recovery times. No idea about broken legs, Rondon was a complete accident on McCarthy, Coleman a dreadful tackle, Gomes & Oviedo avoidable. I did think Godfrey was a result of his ‘get stuck-in’ attitude and I think time out will give him time to contemplate he needs to put his physical attributes to better effect.
I think the broken legs just add to the "cursed" perception.

Also, some people like to get through the "dark times" with dark "humour", you dont find it funny, thats fine, "If everybody looked the same. We'd get tired looking at each other".

I think the broken legs just add to the "cursed" perception.

Also, some people like to get through the "dark times" with dark "humour", you dont find it funny, thats fine, "If everybody looked the same. We'd get tired looking at each other".

….it’s the repetitive use of the same ‘joke’. It gets unfunny after you’ve read it 100 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.