January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that was on thre basis of getting our attacking targets in.

So what's the point of not protesting now?

None.

We're down.
Dave, you've been rather positive lately - it'd be a shame to see you say with absolute certainty "we're down".

We all know the likelihood - but now isn't the time to give up.

Survival is still mathmatically possible.

Yes the teams around us have spent, but let's hope some of their new signings don't settle quickly enough and Dyche gets 25% more out of our players than Lampard.

In reality should have given Lampard the push a few weeks before to give the new manager more time.

What about the rest of january since the 1st? Pretty sure lampard was talking at the end of december about bringing in players. Esp forwards.
Obviously the board had other ideas.

From another forum............make of it what you will!

• Just had a call from a mate who "is told a few things now and then" and...

...he's been told (by someone who is absolutely NOT a fan of Kenwright - just for the record) that we were turned down by no fewer than 17 (SEVENTEEN!) players yesterday - with reasons varying from league position, to fan protests/unrest - including Batshuayi who "was open to a return to the Premier League, but wanted to join a more stable project"

It's a pinch of salt one as ever, and the mention of the fans sounds like something that Kenwright might try to spin (which is why I mentioned that above, however, the "media spin" has arguably already been done? The haranguing of Mina and Gordon was absolutely out of order, but there is no way it makes the headlines it does without the club statement and subsequent media briefings stirring up the fanbase and painting us as thugs ahead of the planned - and entirely peaceful - protest) but the source is a solid one, and as I said, it comes from someone who would feasibly have that sort of information.

What a state we are in.

All these pages of sneering passive aggressive scouting and cosplaying DOF in your boxies from the spare bedroom you truly pitiful slugs. Everton didn’t sign a single player in 1648 pages of follow grown (mostly) men obsessing and gossiping over young boys. Not only are you incredibly dangerous individuals but you’ve just wasted hours, days of your life on transfer guff.

As often noted I’m a kind, generous man, so here’s my free advice for the future:

1- just wait for Everton to sign someone, if indeed we do, and then place that player into your lil cute formation graphics, you freaks.

2- with all that saved time from scouring vague news sources, anticipating transfers and playing top trumps with other internet males possibly on the register, make a list of stuff that brings you fulfilment and do that - or repair your broken relationships.

3- abuse anyone who starts transfer threads until one week before the next one opens, and put your energies into the other threads on grand old team dot com slash forum, realising fully that you’re not a scout, agent, director of football but just a peculiar individual with personality defects that need ironing out. I will help you with this.

Made up the window has ended.
Don’t forget that you don’t have to have be astounded that the club didnt proceed with the player that you recommended they sign on here.

From another forum............make of it what you will!

• Just had a call from a mate who "is told a few things now and then" and...

...he's been told (by someone who is absolutely NOT a fan of Kenwright - just for the record) that we were turned down by no fewer than 17 (SEVENTEEN!) players yesterday - with reasons varying from league position, to fan protests/unrest - including Batshuayi who "was open to a return to the Premier League, but wanted to join a more stable project"

It's a pinch of salt one as ever, and the mention of the fans sounds like something that Kenwright might try to spin (which is why I mentioned that above, however, the "media spin" has arguably already been done? The haranguing of Mina and Gordon was absolutely out of order, but there is no way it makes the headlines it does without the club statement and subsequent media briefings stirring up the fanbase and painting us as thugs ahead of the planned - and entirely peaceful - protest) but the source is a solid one, and as I said, it comes from someone who would feasibly have that sort of information.

What a state we are in.

All of the bold was well known in the media yesterday, well not the 17 part, but the other things.

Isco is still available lads...
Would anyone take Isco on a short term deal? Apparently hes a free agent, certainly can make things happen

100% yes. He could have the same impact as James and would be a helpful signing as he can take a set piece and also can play LW...

Status
Not open for further replies.