January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating isn't it. That we've left it super late to do any business (Danjuma included) and it seems to have gone quiet over the targets we supposedly want.

Given other clubs do business early and throughout the window, I can only assume doing business late is a strategy the club has adopted.

That suggests that there is a plan.

There isn't.

Potentially our most important window maybe ever. Deadline is tomorrow and we havent done anything. Apart from sell one of our few forward players.

You can’t tell me we did a strategic review and scrambling around for players on deadline day was deemed absolutely fine.
A strategic review doesn't leave you with a choice of bielsa or dyche. They are polar opposite.

Sounds like Sulemana is rapid, we really needed some speed before Gordon left, now we really need it. Especially if Dyche sets us up defensively, we need someone to make things happen offensively beyond just set pieces.

The concerning thing is definitely his goal scoring record...it's not good. I'm not worried about him not getting a ton of playing time, Rennes are weirdly stacked in attacking positions, he looks to be about 5th or 6th choice in the forward positions. This would be a perfect loan with a buy option deal, but since we're doing it after getting a big cash influx and in the last two days of the window, Rennes can basically have their way with us. Same can be said for any deal now, unfortunately. Coventry will definitely make the Gyokeres deal hurt if we pursue that one too. We are so dumb.

Aren't they asking £25M? It was £15-18M when Championship clubs were enquiring two weeks ago.

Clearly saw what we paid for McNeil and have re-priced appropriately.
I don't know but probably. I would if I were them. We're in the worst possible negotiating position.

A strategic review doesn't leave you with a choice of bielsa or dyche. They are polar opposite.
Well, when the review is carried out by the very people who have failed the club so badly over an extremely long period of time, any review is basically a waste of time.

"We've reviewed our own performance and found no room for improvement. End of review".

Status
Not open for further replies.