January Transfer Window 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've missed the opportunity to sign a good striker unfortunately. We could have got someone good as a Lukaku replacement in the summer when we were an attractive proposition, now we're just another drifting also-ran in need of a forward to take us up a level.

The striker I can't believe we didn't seriously pursue is Bas Dost, fro a stats perspective he is up there with the best in Europe. Apparently has a £52 million release clause. Have others who have watched him play more got an explanation as to why (other than Newcastle with a late bid) no Premier teams have seriously pursued him? Surely it would have made sense to buy only one of Sigurdsson or Klaassen and use some of those funds for a top european striker?

Given that it's so hard to sign good people in the January window in normal circumstances... plus the fairly incompetent staff in the club responsible for scouting and, selling and signing players (as demonstrated in this last window) ... The chances of any good players joining is in January are slim to none I'm sad to say.

Given that it's so hard to sign good people in the January window in normal circumstances... plus the fairly incompetent staff in the club responsible for scouting and, selling and signing players (as demonstrated in this last window) ... The chances of any good players joining is in January are slim to none I'm sad to say.

I know he's gone crap for a bit now, but Morgan Schneiderlin proves you can get good players in January, even though he's having a really bad patch at the moment.

It might just be we have to get players who aren't getting a look in at their current club. Not always a bad thing as they have a point to prove.

I think someone like Cyle Larin is probably realistic. Young, cheap, some experience in a lower league, and excellent physical tools. Plus the January transfer window is generally when MLS does business. Powerful, quick, can score with both feet and his head. The only question for any player like this is, can they make the step up in class?

He's got at least one good reference: “I think Cyle can go far,” MLSSoccer.com quoted Kaka as saying in January 2017. “Cyle is a very good player and the third season for us will be great, but I think Cyle can play in a big team in Europe as well.”

Euro types whose teams are out of the CL or EL maybe?

The striker I can't believe we didn't seriously pursue is Bas Dost, fro a stats perspective he is up there with the best in Europe. Apparently has a £52 million release clause. Have others who have watched him play more got an explanation as to why (other than Newcastle with a late bid) no Premier teams have seriously pursued him? Surely it would have made sense to buy only one of Sigurdsson or Klaassen and use some of those funds for a top european striker?

Because he's rank average - Slimani scored bucketfuls in that league too, yet has been very meh for Leicester since signing. Dost was cack in the Bundesliga too

We've missed the opportunity to sign a good striker unfortunately. We could have got someone good as a Lukaku replacement in the summer when we were an attractive proposition, now we're just another drifting also-ran in need of a forward to take us up a level.
You say that but nobody wanted to come here.
CL strikers didn't want to 'step down', and other strikers didn't want to move

Who's he mate lol
latest

He could save us.

Status
Not open for further replies.