January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
think he is not that bad of a goalie, should have started for a few matches this season, shame he got injured, Stek is terrible. what happend to young portuguese goalie that we bought last year?
Virginia was loaned to reading but had a disaster couple of games at the start of the season making mistakes. The fans turned against him and he hasn't played since. Think.they want to return him but not sure if it a season long loan

Not sure Ancelotti takes the job without assurances he gets x amount or x players.

the team as currently constructed does not meet his standard. I don’t think he’ll be fine to sit back until summer.
I agree but I can see us waiting until the summer, as quality players might not be available in Jan, just the Walcott Tosun types.
He might want to find out what these players can do first

Bring a Blue home

I know its only paper talk but Raul Jimenez alongside Richarlison in a front 2 would be immense.

Ive said for a while now 4-4-2 is the way to go and we need a top striker as we haven't got that fear factor other teams do.

I remember when we had Lukaku opposition fans in the pub before the game would always talk about them needing to stop Rom or that he'll likely score a brace for us.

Imagine us lining up with a front 2 of

Werner Richarlison

Jimenez Richarlison

Belotti Richarlison

Jovic Richarlison

Suddenly opposition teams think crap these are dangerous up top we have to sit back a little here. Its why for me DCL should only ever be a squad player as he doesn't have the goalscoring instinct to trouble the opposition regulary.
I like the pairings that you're mentioning but I think that the team should move forward in one of Ancelotti's 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 formations. 4-4-2 nowadays screams sit back and dig out a win on the counter. I think the 4-4-2 suits us at the moment with the limited CMs that we have available but it should change going forward if we were ever to get out of this injury rut we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.