January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs like Leicester and Wolves are so far ahead its embarassing.

We need a new spine- top CF, box to box CM and quality CB with pace.

If we cant get a top striker like Werner or Dembele stop arsing around going for £30 million punts from pub leagues and go get Ings.

Who is this Ings you talk about as a potential Everton player... I know it can't be DANNY surely!!!?????

If so, that is potentially the worst transfer shout in the history of this forum! lol

So because Bournemouth were idiots, that sets the market? Because we got mugged for Tosun, that means other clubs must do the same? If someone paid $200 for a share of Nike (currently valued around $90), everyone else follows suit?

Of course if someone offers more, get it, but I think based on performance and potential, 20mil is a fair price for DCL. The prem is the richest league in the world, and when you look at record transfers for most of the smaller clubs, 20mil is a big number. Given none of the big clubs would want him, where do you think the 35mil offer would come from?

"Hello Eddie, it's Marcel here. Oh I know you're miffed because we didn't consider you for the mighty blues, but I can do you a deal. I know you like terrible young English players from big clubs, so how about Big Bad Dom for £35m...? Just picture him linking up with Solanke to create a £50m strikeforce that is guaranteed to bang you 7 goals between them......

Sound. Done deal. Bye.

...... *dials an internal number

Carlo... he fell for it, £35m for that Bambi Instagrammer to add to your war-chest mate. Is Kouilabaly in Finch Farm with you? "

DCL cost £2m and his wages won’t be massive. Why the rush to sell? He’s hardly bankrupting us keeping him around.

He’s also scored a lot more goals than Kean this season.
There’s no rush to sell. I said if someone offered 20mil I would. I also said it would be good to then invest the money in getting someone who is currently a better striker and then develop Kean who I think has a much higher ceiling than Dom. That to me would represent good business. I know you like the guy but this seems a tad defensive.
20m? That is what Solanke went. And Chris Wood also. Heck Tosun cost 27m.

Worth at least 35m in today's market.
He's one of those players who would have a completely different value to the buying and selling teams. I agree that it would be ridiculous for us to sell him for £20m, but I also agree that nobody would pay £35m for him. It's quite common, and is a reason why some very average players (i'm looking at you Tony Hibbert) stay at the same club for a long time. The club won't get what they see as a reasonable price for the player, so they won't sell them.
"Hello Eddie, it's Marcel here. Oh I know you're miffed because we didn't consider you for the mighty blues, but I can do you a deal. I know you like terrible young English players from big clubs, so how about Big Bad Dom for £35m...? Just picture him linking up with Solanke to create a £50m strikeforce that is guaranteed to bang you 7 goals between them......

Sound. Done deal. Bye.

...... *dials an internal number

Carlo... he fell for it, £35m for that Bambi Instagrammer to add to your war-chest mate. Is Kouilabaly in Finch Farm with you? "

DCL 5 in the league and 2 in the cup
(773 mins / same time as 8.5 full league games)

Richarlison 6 in the league 2 in the cup
(1372 mins / same time as 15 full league games)

22 league games left + 2 cup matches minimum

I wouldnt be surprised if both were on double figures in the league by end of Janiary.

DCL gets 12-15 goals and his value will skyrocket.

Not drinking, just forgetful.

Lozano

I wonder if Napoli may take a loss on him...been very up and down this season.

Jovic another summer transfer being touted for a loan.

DCL 5 in the league and 2 in the cup
(773 mins / same time as 8.5 full league games)

Richarlison 6 in the league 2 in the cup
(1372 mins / same time as 15 full league games)

22 league games left + 2 cup matches minimum

I wouldnt be surprised if both were on double figures in the league by end of Janiary.

DCL gets 12-15 goals and his value will skyrocket.

I wonder if Napoli may take a loss on him...been very up and down this season.

Jovic another summer transfer being touted for a loan.
As those goals to minutes numbers show, Dom is being underrated this season. People go crazy when he misses chances but that happens. If he can keep this up the rest of the way he might just change the perception around him by seasons end.

As those goals to minutes numbers show, Dom is being underrated this season. People go crazy when he misses chances but that happens. If he can keep this up the rest of the way he might just change the perception around him by seasons end.
Look at the bigger picture my friend.

He’s shown improvement for less than half a season and has still been very inconsistent in that time.

Last season he had one of the lowest conversion rates in the league. Something like 8% Still haven’t seen his shooting improve much so suspect he’ll revert back.

He has missed 5 big chances already this season and has killed plenty more with loose touches and poor decision making.

If he continues performing like he did against Chelsea, he’s a huge asset. I just haven’t seen enough to think he will. To me that was an emotional effort from everyone.

Look at the bigger picture my friend.

He’s shown improvement for less than half a season and has still been very inconsistent in that time.

Last season he had one of the lowest conversion rates in the league. Something like 8% Still haven’t seen his shooting improve much so suspect he’ll revert back.

He has missed 5 big chances already this season and has killed plenty more with loose touches and poor decision making.

If he continues performing like he did against Chelsea, he’s a huge asset. I just haven’t seen enough to think he will. To me that was an emotional effort from everyone.
I haven't seen enough either. But my feeling is I also will not have seen enough to decide 100% either way in the next two windows. And this season he's been legitimately promising so if anything I'd be more inclined to give him more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.