January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both?

In all seriousness DCL has played better than Kean this year. Obviously limited minutes mean it's hard to draw a conclusion there, but Kean hasn't really deserved to play more. The only stupid thing was the Tosun games but Marco had lost it at that point. I wouldn't give up on either. I wouldn't mind trying to find a long term two striker system because we have 3 presumably useful players there and almost none out wide.
Oh I don’t disagree that Dom has played better, but Kean also needs some minutes to continue improving. Which is why I said give him more time when we’re stable. Could also pair the two together and move Rich back left? We have options. I’m still not sold Dom is anything more than a bottom half prem/top half championship striker. Kean has the potential to top that. He’s shown flashes.

Oh I don’t disagree that Dom has played better, but Kean also needs some minutes to continue improving. Which is why I said give him more time when we’re stable. Could also pair the two together and move Rich back left? We have options.
Richarlsion playing on the left is fireable for whichever manager does it next. Keep him in the box.

Be curious if he’s scored more for Everton when central vs out wide. I bet it close.
The thing is for me he's never really scored from "out wide" (the Wolves goal from the start of last year feels like one of the few). The goals are always the result of good runs into the box. If there is a system where he can be the LW but not have to drift out so much I'd take that but I highly doubt that system could also accommodate two strikers.

The thing is for me he's never really scored from "out wide" (the Wolves goal from the start of last year feels like one of the few). The goals are always the result of good runs into the box. If there is a system where he can be the LW but not have to drift out so much I'd take that but I highly doubt that system could also accommodate two strikers.
Red Bull Leipzig have used a 4-2-2-2 formation at times that does exactly that, and they’ve also played some lovely stuff. It’s definitely possible. And given our midfielders offer next to nothing going forward might even be worth a shot for us.

442 does.

Pickford
Sidney - Mina - Holgate - Digne
Bernie - Gmblammo - Gomes - Rico
Kean - DCL

Red Bull Leipzig have used a 4-2-2-2 formation at times that does exactly that, and they’ve also played some lovely stuff. It’s definitely possible. And given our midfielders offer next to nothing going forward might even be worth a shot for us.
They do have an interesting system but I'm not sure Richarlison is similar to Forsberg or Sabitzer. However that system might suit Iwobi and Bernard behind two strikers. Wouldn't drop Walcott at the minute myself as his pace is very helpful. I'm just hoping that whoever is eventually manager has an idea of what he wants and takes the time to find the players to do that. No more short term adapting of the system to work with who we currently have. Because they never seem to be able to get back to their vision when they do that.

442 does.

Pickford
Sidney - Mina - Holgate - Digne
Bernie - Gmblammo - Gomes - Rico
Kean - DCL

No it doesn't. I don't want Richarlison having to track back and cover for Digne and to help moving the ball forward. I want him to press high and stay near the box as much as possible. Winger in a 4-4-2 is definitely not that.

Personally think we already have a better prospect in Kean. 3 years younger and and looks to have more potential to make it big than Dom. If we could use the profit to sign a better player now, even if he’s older, and get Kean more minutes when we’re stable, it seems like a win. Just one man’s opinion. Maybe Dom can be consistent and improve his finishing but he just seems to lack that extra bit of class needed to really excel.

DCL cost £2m and his wages won’t be massive. Why the rush to sell? He’s hardly bankrupting us keeping him around.

He’s also scored a lot more goals than Kean this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.