January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs like Leicester and Wolves are so far ahead its embarassing.

We need a new spine- top CF, box to box CM and quality CB with pace.

If we cant get a top striker like Werner or Dembele stop arsing around going for £30 million punts from pub leagues and go get Ings.
Which of our strikers are you ok with selling then? Obviously Tosun and Oumar but which of DCL, Kean and Richarlison shoud join them?

Which of our strikers are you ok with selling then? Obviously Tosun and Oumar but which of DCL, Kean and Richarlison shoud join them?

DCL 100%

Anyone blinded by the Chelsea performance in which even Schneiderlin looked like Kante are idiots.

Lads not good enough for a team aiming for Europe/win trophies.

Clubs like Leicester and Wolves are so far ahead its embarassing.

We need a new spine- top CF, box to box CM and quality CB with pace.

If we cant get a top striker like Werner or Dembele stop arsing around going for £30 million punts from pub leagues and go get Ings.
Ings has a 1 in 4 record, that's Championship level stuff.

No. Quite frankly I'm tired of us selling younger players. I'm not convinced Dom is destined for great things but I'm far from ready to write him off either.
I don’t see taking an 18m profit on him writing him off. I see it as moving on a player who seems like he has a ceiling and reinvesting into possibly better.

For me he's not at the age where you look to reinvest in better yet.
Personally think we already have a better prospect in Kean. 3 years younger and and looks to have more potential to make it big than Dom. If we could use the profit to sign a better player now, even if he’s older, and get Kean more minutes when we’re stable, it seems like a win. Just one man’s opinion. Maybe Dom can be consistent and improve his finishing but he just seems to lack that extra bit of class needed to really excel.

Personally think we already have a better prospect in Kean. 3 years younger and and looks to have more potential to make it big than Dom. If we could use the profit to sign a better player now, even if he’s older, and get Kean more minutes when we’re stable, it seems like a win. Just one man’s opinion. Maybe Dom can be consistent and improve his finishing but he just seems to lack that extra bit of class needed to really excel.
Why not both?

In all seriousness DCL has played better than Kean this year. Obviously limited minutes mean it's hard to draw a conclusion there, but Kean hasn't really deserved to play more. The only stupid thing was the Tosun games but Marco had lost it at that point. I wouldn't give up on either. I wouldn't mind trying to find a long term two striker system because we have 3 presumably useful players there and almost none out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.