January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing him to DCL really shows you either know nothing or are just fishing here. Not in any way the same player.

Im not fishing mate.

Ive heard hes a good player, I dont watch DAS SPL or Dortmund so ive never watched the lad play, havent really watched much chelsea this year either, so in order to judge him I thought I would have a look at his wiki page, which tells me hes scored 2 goals in 28 European games. Goals scored defo dont maketh the man, but if his name was Derek Christain Pulisic and he was English you wouldnt want to touch him with a brown coated stick.

I suspect this lad is just hype based on a good 5minute spell once.

Im going to need a little more than 5 goals a season to make me wanna spend 70m.

I mean 70m for the Croatian DCL?

View attachment 67989

Its a firm no from me.

I take it back, hes not even half as good as DCL.

DCLsd.jpg

Murican lad 19 goals 133 games
DCL 35 goals 144 games

Im not fishing mate.

Ive heard hes a good player, I dont watch DAS SPL or Dortmund so ive never watched the lad play, havent really watched much chelsea this year either, so in order to judge him I thought I would have a look at his wiki page, which tells me hes scored 2 goals in 28 European games. Goals scored defo dont maketh the man, but if his name was Derek Christain Pulisic and he was English you wouldnt want to touch him with a brown coated stick.

I suspect this lad is just hype based on a good 5minute spell once.

Im going to need a little more than 5 goals a season to make me wanna spend 70m.
70m is a lot but we are infatuated with Bernard who might never score 5 in a season. If he continues to add goals (hes trending upward) he could be a real handful. And I think by and large Chelsea fans are confused as to why he's out of favor. The idea that he's done poorly seems to be mostly only held by Lampard.

70m is a lot but we are infatuated with Bernard who might never score 5 in a season. If he continues to add goals (hes trending upward) he could be a real handful. And I think by and large Chelsea fans are confused as to why he's out of favor. The idea that he's done poorly seems to be mostly only held by Lampard.
70m was way too much for him. He was not really that good in the Bundesliga. I don't see why he was worth 70m. There is better players for less money getting around.

70m was way too much for him. He was not really that good in the Bundesliga. I don't see why he was worth 70m. There is better players for less money getting around.
It's mostly about age. He wasn't the best player in the Bundesliga but the stuff he was doing at his age was special. Wrong time in his career to not play. Obviously we wouldn't do 70m but I'd like to think we will be asking about him in January.

Here are a just a few names that would improve us in Jan and or in the summer we should be pursuing...

Tyrone Mings
Jack Grealish
Wesley
Abdoulaye Doucoure
Alex McCarthy
Sergio Ramos

I think these footballers are attainable to Everton Football Club
Mings just moved and wouldn’t come here to sit on the bench. He’s terrible with the ball and can’t play in a higher press.
Grealish isn’t going anywhere.
Wesley just moved, no chance.
Alex McCarthy? Huh?

Doucoure would improve us massively.

It's mostly about age. He wasn't the best player in the Bundesliga but the stuff he was doing at his age was special. Wrong time in his career to not play. Obviously we wouldn't do 70m but I'd like to think we will be asking about him in January.

We aren’t spending money unless we sell in January. FFP will prevent that. Unless Mosh just says screw it, which he might. Pulisic would be in our starting XI the second he got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.