January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again mate, comparing Pulisic 6 games in the league, to Iwobi 156 games, is a bit pointless, 1 of them has proven they can perform, the other has yet to.

And as you say, Iwobi was half the money, I MIGHT take Pulisic for Iwobi money, but not for 70m.
Lol were you on the forum when we signed Iwobi? No one thought he had proven he could perform. In May I suggested signing him and the responses were strings of hahas going across half the screen. Iwobi was in many peoples eyes a massive gamble and Pulisic is going to look to most people the same way. But I think it is a gamble we should be taking just like I thought Iwobi was.

The main difference between them is that Pulisic has less PL experience but outside of Lampard most people think he did well in his first few games. Unfortunately Lampard is the one who decides if he gets to keep playing or not. The price is annoying because it is the typical "Big 6" tax that those clubs always pay for players. He's a 40-50m player and we should see what Chelsea think about a loan with a view to a move at that price.

Lol were you on the forum when we signed Iwobi? No one thought he had proven he could perform. In May I suggested signing him and the responses were strings of hahas going across half the screen. Iwobi was in many peoples eyes a massive gamble and Pulisic is going to look to most people the same way. But I think it is a gamble we should be taking just like I thought Iwobi was.

The main difference between them is that Pulisic has less PL experience but outside of Lampard most people think he did well in his first few games. Unfortunately Lampard is the one who decides if he gets to keep playing or not. The price is annoying because it is the typical "Big 6" tax that those clubs always pay for players. He's a 40-50m player and we should see what Chelsea think about a loan with a view to a move at that price.

But other than that I think I thought Iwobi would be a decent signing.

But other than that I think I thought Iwobi would be a decent signing.
I think when it came time for him to put pen to paper most of the reasonable heads thought he'd be worthwhile. But if last October someone had come on and said we should throw 40m at Iwobi the reaction might be a bit different.

That is where Pulisic is now. If we were about to sign him and people actually went through and looked at what he's done and what he's capable of they'd probably be very excited to have him. Lampard being an idiot could be an opportunity for us or more than likely someone else that we are competing with.

I think when it came time for him to put pen to paper most of the reasonable heads thought he'd be worthwhile. But if last October someone had come on and said we should throw 40m at Iwobi the reaction might be a bit different.

That is where Pulisic is now. If we were about to sign him and people actually went through and looked at what he's done and what he's capable of they'd probably be very excited to have him. Lampard being an idiot could be an opportunity for us or more than likely someone else that we are competing with.

But with Iwobi we have a body of work to look at.

For me, somebody who hasnt watched the lad play bar a few minutes at Chelsea, well I would need convincing.

But as I say, I only took issue with you saying :

Offer Chelsea full price for Pulisic January 1.

His full price is close to 60m.

And for that money it would be a firm no.

For me, somebody who hasnt watched the lad play bar a few minutes at Chelsea, well I would need convincing.

When I said that I thought it was $70m and it was when the conversions meant that was only £55m or so

Could we compromise and say he might be a good potential loan signing!

I love this idea that the PL is so difficult to adapt to. What a joke.

I love this idea that the PL is so difficult to adapt to. What a joke.
It feels like a left over idea from when Veron and Shevchenko struggled. It still happens on occasion but it's not like Davy Klaassen struggled to adapt so much as he wasn't that good for example.

It feels like a left over idea from when Veron and Shevchenko struggled. It still happens on occasion but it's not like Davy Klaassen struggled to adapt so much as he wasn't that good for example.
It’s ridiculous. Different leagues have different styles. Some may be better fits than others, but if you can play, you can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.