January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.[Publication is blackli...badiashile-links-hands-everton-fresh-kurt-zo/

Chelsea linked with a French u19 centre back = were linked to Zouma.

....indication that Tomori will be in England squad announced this week. Lots on here didn’t want him when we were linked in the summer, but a further indication that Brands can pick a player.

You mean I can pick a player. ;)

Max Aarons
Bogle at Derby
Lewis and Kelly from the Championship as backup left-backs
Tomori has looked good

Lots in the lower leagues.

If "not as good as Sancho" is our standard for signing wingers we might as well pack it up because we won't be signing anyone.

I didnt say that mate.

He implied that Sancho wasnt very good cos he didnt score as many goals as Alcalerlaler, Sancho scored 12 goals, nothing like the 5 that Pulisic has scored.

As ive said, Pulisic is meant to be a very good player, but I honestly doubt you 2 would be defending him so much if he wasnt American.

This all started cos you suggested we spend 70m on a player who hasnt proven he is a 70m pound player, thats my only issue really.

Pulisic is only rated as highly as he is because he's one of the few Americans that can actually kick a ball, even then one lunged del is better, and sancho is a young bolasie. Next

I didnt say that mate.

He implied that Sancho wasnt very good cos he didnt score as many goals as Alcalerlaler, Sancho scored 12 goals, nothing like the 5 that Pulisic has scored.

As ive said, Pulisic is meant to be a very good player, but I honestly doubt you 2 would be defending him so much if he wasnt American.

This all started cos you suggested we spend 70m on a player who hasnt proven he is a 70m pound player, thats my only issue really.
It's a pretty similar situation as Iwobi, more expensive obviously but still similar, and I pretty constantly said Iwobi would be a good signing.

Actually I was laughed at for suggesting Iwobi would be a good signing way before it happened so I'd say I currently have one up on the general crowd who laughed when I said he was better than Bernard. I said this in May:

Fraser had 14 assists this year. I'm pretty sure we have never had someone hit that number. It's nothing to laugh at. Iwobi does all the build up stuff people credit Bernard for and produces beyond that. He's youngish too. He'd be worth it.

Pulisic is in the same kind of spot that Iwobi found himself at Arsenal.

It's a pretty similar situation as Iwobi, more expensive obviously but still similar, and I pretty constantly said Iwobi would be a good signing.

Actually I was laughed at for suggesting Iwobi would be a good signing way before it happened so I'd say I currently have one up on the general crowd who laughed when I said he was better than Bernard. I said this in May:

Pulisic is in the same kind of spot that Iwobi found himself at Arsenal.
But again mate, comparing Pulisic 6 games in the league, to Iwobi 156 games, is a bit pointless, 1 of them has proven they can perform, the other has yet to.

And as you say, Iwobi was half the money, I MIGHT take Pulisic for Iwobi money, but not for 70m.

No please close the thread I haven't gotten over the summer yet.....and no I carnt not open the thread its a drug isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.