January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much have you watched him this year? I'm just curious because I think a lot of people are remembering his last PL spell and he's not that player anymore.

He is a tremendous player.

I'm more impressed by his mentality though, burst onto the scenes and looked like he was getting a bit of a big head and was about to go the route of loads of other young talents, instead he knuckled down, dropped a division and stuck with Villa and has turned into a proper well rounded player.

I keep getting that clip of Sunderland 'til I die in my head where Martin Bain is scrambling on the phone & Grayson is clinging on to his job trying to sign Ross McCormack on a Deadline Day loan.

I wonder how many calls Brands is making.

I think both can be true
Not really. Poor signings can be made at any time. People keep saying 'well we ended up with Walcott and Tosun last time...'. Yeah and that was so much worse than when we did business in the summer and got Klaasen, Bolasie and Sandro wasn't it? Just picking random transfers and saying it shows why doing business in January is bad makes no sense, there's 10 times more examples from the summer windows.

Not really. Poor signings can be made at any time. People keep saying 'well we ended up with Walcott and Tosun last time...'. Yeah and that was so much worse than when we did business in the summer and got Klaasen, Bolasie and Sandro wasn't it? Just picking random transfers and saying it shows why doing business in January is bad makes no sense, there's 10 times more examples from the summer windows.
We were like some scruff who had won the rollover on the lottery and bought any [Poor language removed] in the shop just because we could! Hopefully, the scruff has now learned his lesson and is now spending more wisely?

I posted this in the wrong group, so throwing it in here too. The lad has got a cracking name tbf, but saw he's been at Leeds in the past, and didn't make it there. Probably file under snidey rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.