January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he the box to box destroyer we're desperate for?
v1.bjsxNDI3NTI7ajsxODMxNjsxMjAwOzcyMDs0ODM

Brands giving him the once over.

Cool kit mind.

Well you did open yourself up for a bit of grief, there's loads more suitable threads for you to post the Bergwijn transfer.

Struggling to see the relevance, unless Everton were linked to him.

I thought it was a general transfer thread. My mistake. Is there one?

Still funny though.

The Dutch league is a weird league to buy from Jozy Altidore looked like Ronaldo over there. I know Spurs have had success with signing Eriksen and Vertonghen from over there but Sanchez looks like a bit of a £40m donkey. Wheres Vincent Janssen these days ?
He didn’t really look like Ronaldo though, just his stats did. That’s why everyone mocks certain posters on here who are obsessed with numbers. Some players just look quality and some don’t. Altidore definitely didn’t.

Changed considerably since when? Last January, when there were still good moves made? Again, it's just something you've heard and repeated blindly and are now for some reason sticking to.

What are you talking about. FFP is more relevant now than ever before and we allegedly have a lot of money tthat we cannot spend. The cost of relegation is higher each year and the amount of clubs with money is increasing every year. Clubs are no longer tempted to 'cash-in' as they have money, they just can't always spend as either the players they want are too (outrageously) expensive, or their hands are tied by FFP.

Summer would be a better time to buy, hopefully we can shift some players this window, that would be a victory.

What are you talking about. FFP is more relevant now than ever before and we allegedly have a lot of money tthat we cannot spend. The cost of relegation is higher each year and the amount of clubs with money is increasing every year. Clubs are no longer tempted to 'cash-in' as they have money, they just can't always spend as either the players they want are too (outrageously) expensive, or their hands are tied by FFP.

Summer would be a better time to buy, hopefully we can shift some players this window, that would be a victory.
What am I talking about?! I don't know what you can be struggling with, I can't make it much clearer?

I'm talking about the fact that good players have moved clubs in January over the last couple of years, and neither FFP nor increased TV money has affected that. You're repeatedly saying it doesn't happen but it demonstrably does. FFP and TV money were both in place in 2018, and yet Van Dijk, Laporte, Moura, Aubameyang etc all moved clubs. They're all quite good.

I said at the beginning, I've said all along that i'm not bothered about us signing anyone, i'm just talking in general about people repeating the factoid of not being able to make good signings in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.