January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll 'make-do' with what we've got until the Summer Window comes along. Read a while back that Carlo Ancelotti is not keen on signing players in January, so I'm not really expecting anything to happen.

I’d rather us go for stengs the right sided player for AZ. Or ihattaren from PSV the young lad Brands name checked last year. Not sure how he’s done this season
Dont kno much on stengs but agree on ihattare, id even let him finish the season there if we get a deal done then bring him into the team next season be a great move

You'd rather we bought for the sake of it then? If we can't get the players we want then don't just buy anyone! January you get either overpriced players or players that other clubs don't want.
Not at all. I’m saying we’ve had months to do the leg work and I’m not having the thought that absolutely no player is available in January.

I absolutely understand the factors that go against us signing with the new manager, constant injuries, difficult market etc but there comes a point where we have to act positively despite the adversity.

However players like Iwobi and Delph are telling me we are still sometimes buying for the sake of it regardless of the window!

We've got Usmanov, we've got bottomless pots of cash, but 'value for money' is still important.

People still think this guy is going to Abramovich us. 9 days of the window left and we've signed absolutely nobody.

'sake.

9E49AAF4-52B4-4D00-8C78-D1F903E5D842.jpeg

Richarlison’s latest Instagram post.
Coincidence that it’s him and Everton Soares?
Probably.

Before we buy anyone else they need to be psychologically assessed. Are they are a winner or not?
I think if we look across the park what regularly winning games can do for the character and morale of a team
Undoubtedly we need a leader or two but I do believe that in time young players like DCL, Holgate, Davies and Kenny have all leadership potential.

how about we don't waste money this window you know the same reason we ended up with Tosun/Walcott and others, The season is already a write off, Top 6 is a very very slim chance of happening.

Think most fans would be happy with a couple of loans which wouldn't be wasting money. Jan can also be a time to pick up bargains from top teams. But a loan, especially for a centre mid is more ideal than a perm given the injuries imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.