January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two modern day players like these 2, they didn’t mess and worked hard.

Attachments

• C3B66D4C-D8DB-4E02-ABBB-ED95A67140C4.jpeg
    C3B66D4C-D8DB-4E02-ABBB-ED95A67140C4.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 54C9AD90-E74E-4981-B724-29A7DC8D3F3F.jpeg
    54C9AD90-E74E-4981-B724-29A7DC8D3F3F.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 43

We don't play now until Feb 1st, zero distractions or reasons now that we don't bring anybody in. If we are still scraping around looking for targets at this stage then the people behind paid handsomely to identify and sign the right players aren't doing their job.
They could have identified 10 PLAYERS and approached the clubs of the said 10 players
Either the club ,the player or both said KOFF .

People need to get real January isnt a time for big deals. Upto now there have only been 10 players actually signed by clubs in the Premier league (one of which is ours - Branthwaite). A lot of loans admittedly but only 10 actual signings. We will do all our business on the 30/31st of Jan as always. I'm like most and would have liked some in early but you've got to remember Carlo had been in charge for about a week before the window opened. My advice sit back and watch Jim "my friend" Whites head explode on the 31st.

Now that I have calmed down (yes it took me the entire night and part of this morning), just a couple of points.

DCL and Kean have brilliant potential.
Holgate was very good, as was Mina, Bernard and please kill me for saying this, Schneiderlin and Walcott (both good I thought).
Digne needs to sort himself; his pullbacks, corners and free kicks were horrendous.
Sidibe is a bit hit and miss; very good and poor.
Delph was ok except for the brainfart of trying to whack the ball into the corner to nobody with 30 seconds to play.
Tom and Pickford were both horrible; both goals in the the main attributed to both of them.

Other than that, I'm optimistic for the remainder of the season., and no, average mediocrity doesn't placate me...

If we pick up a proper centre mid, centre back in the window, I still expect us to finish top 7; if we had won last night, that would be top 4...o_O

Now that I have calmed down (yes it took me the entire night and part of this morning), just a couple of points.

DCL and Kean have brilliant potential.
Holgate was very good, as was Mina, Bernard and please kill me for saying this, Schneiderlin and Walcott (both good I thought).
Digne needs to sort himself; his pullbacks, corners and free kicks were horrendous.
Sidibe is a bit hit and miss; very good and poor.
Delph was ok except for the brainfart of trying to whack the ball into the corner to nobody with 30 seconds to play.
Tom and Pickford were both horrible; both goals in the the main attributed to both of them.

Other than that, I'm optimistic for the remainder of the season., and no, average mediocrity doesn't placate me...

If we pick up a proper centre mid, centre back in the window, I still expect us to finish top 7; if we had won last night, that would be top 4...o_O
Fair play to you if you have.
I got up this morning and my missus and the dog gave me a wide berth.

To be fair the missus normally does give me a wide berth but the dog greets me every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.