January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think most fans would be happy with a couple of loans which wouldn't be wasting money. Jan can also be a time to pick up bargains from top teams. But a loan, especially for a centre mid is more ideal than a perm given the injuries imo.

Yeah a striker and midfielder on loan would be fine with me

Either they are good and we can look at signing them perm in the summer or they are mince and we just don't sign them

Seems like the smartest way of going about it

I think we need to accept this season is a write-off / transition and look to long-term aspirations. I'm happy to not buy in this window if it means not bringing in players that we later regret, i.e. a Schneiderlin. Although admittedly that's difficult knowing that a Euro spot is close.

Maybe our philosophy for Jan windows should be to bring in younger players with real potential to make the first team. These types of players from the lower league clubs are easier to prise away, as their clubs are usually looking to balance the books or re-invest in a proven player to gain promotion or avoid relegation. I'm pretty happy with the acquisition of Branthwaite and hope he can step up within 12 months. We just need to find a decent young mid and forward. Then hopefully in the summer we can re-assess and bring in the proven quality to have a right good go next year.

Think most fans would be happy with a couple of loans which wouldn't be wasting money. Jan can also be a time to pick up bargains from top teams. But a loan, especially for a centre mid is more ideal than a perm given the injuries imo.
yeah loans are perfectly fine and would be happy with them, I would hope we would save the spending for the summer though seriously Jan window is god awful unless you want to take a punt on someone unknown for under 10 mil.

I think we need to accept this season is a write-off / transition and look to long-term aspirations. I'm happy to not buy in this window if it means not bringing in players that we later regret, i.e. a Schneiderlin. Although admittedly that's difficult knowing that a Euro spot is close.

Maybe our philosophy for Jan windows should be to bring in younger players with real potential to make the first team. These types of players from the lower league clubs are easier to prise away, as their clubs are usually looking to balance the books or re-invest in a proven player to gain promotion or avoid relegation. I'm pretty happy with the acquisition of Branthwaite and hope he can step up within 12 months. We just need to find a decent young mid and forward. Then hopefully in the summer we can re-assess and bring in the proven quality to have a right good go next year.
This all day long. Proven quality combined with young up and coming lower league players who have something about themselves including leadership qualities

I think if we look across the park what regularly winning games can do for the character and morale of a team
Undoubtedly we need a leader or two but I do believe that in time young players like DCL, Holgate, Davies and Kenny have all leadership potential.
DCL and holgate have stepped up. Tom has not improved. Not given up on him yet but the way he loses the ball so easily is a concern. Kenny needs to come back. He can only improve and for me plays like he cares for the shirt

Yeah a striker and midfielder on loan would be fine with me

Either they are good and we can look at signing them perm in the summer or they are mince and we just don't sign them

Seems like the smartest way of going about it

yeah, it'd be stupid to loan out tosun and not replace him. So if we can't get a striker, we at least need an extra attacker. We play 2 up front now and have 3 strikers hence having to resort to bloody niasse. Hell, even the 3 strikers we have are all 23 or under.

You support Everton so most things go wrong?
The toast falls butter side down for everyone: if you're an Everton supporter, the toast falls, you slip on it and break your hip and then pick up some fearful infection in hospital. By the time you get out, your missus had run off with the bloke next door and taken the dog.

And Everton still haven't won a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.