January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP was made for smaller clubs actually so they can only spend within their means.

Utd don’t have CL revenue, how are they spending 60m like it’s nothing in January?

and City don’t care about FFP why should we? Take the fine if it comes to it. But sell half the squad - they’re simply not good enough. Rip it up and start again - that’s what I would do if I was the owner but I’m ambitious and he isn’t.

It's not just fines now though is it, Derby have been threatened with a 21 point deduction, why not us ? If we break it like you just said. And Man United won the Europa league and qualified for the champions league, or was that the year before ? It's irrelevant anyway, United are one of the richest sides in the world, with untold sponsorships, that means they can spend almost as much as they want. FFP to my knowledge depends on your revenue as well.

FFP was made for smaller clubs actually so they can only spend within their means.

Utd don’t have CL revenue, how are they spending 60m like it’s nothing in January?

and City don’t care about FFP why should we? Take the fine if it comes to it. But sell half the squad - they’re simply not good enough. Rip it up and start again - that’s what I would do if I was the owner but I’m ambitious and he isn’t.
Hahaha, listen to this guy!

Rumour has it he had a lobotomy before writing that post. Remarkable he got it out tbh.

How do they do it.

Manchester-United-Revenue-2019.png

And its not your wealth.......

Their revenue does baffle my head in still to be fair. Proper wank team for years.

They were the media darlings in the 80s for some reason, I never understood it, they were considered a massive club and they won nothing, ignoring the FA Cup vs us ofc. But then the Premier League came, it was beamed all over the world and front and centre was SAF and his boys and a Giant was formed.

And you don't know anything about ffp, sponsorship revenue streams, and are not a billionaire.

They were the media darlings in the 80s for some reason, I never understood it, they were considered a massive club and they won nothing, ignoring the FA Cup vs us ofc. But then the Premier League came, it was beamed all over the world and front and centre was SAF and his boys and a Giant was formed.

To be fair it started long before that, Munich, I say that because sadly tragedy, does bring fame with it, The Busby Babes, winning the European Cup, Best, Law and Charlton, three absolute giants of the game, especially George Best who was legendary, the fifth Beatle. They were one of the very first teams to build a brand.

Bruno Fernandez and sold Young. Plus they’re probably getting Soumare.

I can’t handle another few months of Division 1 players like ‘Siggy’ it’s too much

I’m sorry but Ancelotti didn’t come here for Branflake or wherever his name is, we need quality and we need it yesterday not next season.
I've got a feeling in 18 months time you'll not be arsed that United signed Fernandes

To be fair it started long before that, Munich, I say that because sadly tragedy, does bring fame with it, The Busby Babes, winning the European Cup, Best, Law and Charlton, three absolute giants of the game, especially George Best who was legendary, the fifth Beatle. They were one of the very first teams to build a brand.

Yep, I simplified it a lot, but I was thinking about George Best and his impact.

Football on the tele was scarce then, European cups were beamed all over the world and were huge.

Which is also why Liverpool, Celtic and Forest have the same aura.

But as you say, United used it better, Liverpool also sadly.

Reality check! We arent signing anyone this window, Carlo has it in hand with Marcel, big rebuild summer 2020, get rid of deadwood, good times are coming, just sit back and enjoy the ride as much as we can with what we have got!

Toffee Forever

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.