January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that

Thought he'd been doing better at Bournemouth tbh

Still think he's got a lot to offer if he stays fit
As do Gibson and Besic?

The stats demonstrate that Wilshere cannot stay fit.

They further demonstrate that when he IS fit for an entire season, he's not quite as good as Jonjo Shelvey (2013/14 saw Shelvey record six goals and eight assists for Swansea), even though he has been surrounded by better players than Shelvey has for his entire career.

Wilshere is the epitome of hype over substance. Absolutely nothing of worth there as a prem-level footballer. He's had at least ten more starts than James McCarthy this season, played 700 minutes more than McCarthy and they have recorded exactly the same number of goals and assists.

When Jonjo Shelvey is better than you, and James McCarthy does just as much as you in half the time, you aren't a gifted attacking footballer.

We can't play just idrissa though. He needs a hand from time to time
Indeed he does. It appears Koeman has identified Schneiderlin as a likely candidate, and I would love to see him join us.

If I wanted a specifically attack-minded midfielder, I'd have Joe Allen come in before I even acknowledged Wilshere's existence (Allen currently has five goals and four assists this season).

I'd sign Claudio Yacob or Etienne Capoue to play alongside Gana before I'd even contact Wilshere's agent.

Indeed he does. It appears Koeman has identified Schneiderlin as a likely candidate, and I would love to see him join us.

If I wanted a specifically attack-minded midfielder, I'd have Joe Allen come in before I even acknowledged Wilshere's existence (Allen currently has five goals and four assists this season).

I'd sign Claudio Yacob or Etienne Capoue to play alongside Gana before I'd even contact Wilshere's agent.
That's your opinion mate. Personally I think wilshire would add a lot to us. But everyone has their own views on things

Fair comment, but I actually think he links play well and can play the Silva role at City. I used to have Silva in my fantasy team and he gets you sod all points as he rarely scores or directly assists and I didn't really understand as I think he is excellent. However he links the midfield to attack brilliantly and often provides the pass that provides the assist - so statistically not very good but a superb player, a fit ( that's the problem) Wilshire could provide this role obviously to a lesser extent but then we would never be able to sign a Silva anyway.
Maybe. But I wouldn't be prepared to risk a transfer fee on it, because

a) he's never proved able to do it before
b) he's highly unlikely to stay fit for more than 20 games at a time

On a free transfer, with a contract that ties his wage in very closely to him staying fit (essentially a pay-as-you-play).... maybe. But realistically, Jack the Lad needs to be playing in a far less physically-demanding league. I can see Italy or China as his likely destinations if he leaves Arsenal permanently.

Oviedo
Pennington
Browning
Jagielka
Gibson
Barry
McAleny
McGeady
Henen
Rodriguez
Niasse
Lennon
Kone
Cleverley

We could move all of them on and barely notice..14 players and ive probably forgotten some as well ..

That sends a message to the rest of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.