January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would require one Idrissa Gana Gueye to simply cease to exist.

Wilshere has an injury record somewhere between that of Gibson and McCarthy. There's a reason he's not in Arsenal's plans anymore, despite his arguable talent.

Obviously talking about attacking minded midfielders mate

Jack wilshire would be a big improvement on what we currently have
Au contraire.....

14322655_788900007917509_5265102024419162677_n.jpg

If we look at squad and whos played well, if we get a GK, VVD or Manolas, Schnederlin, a striker and depay in January or summer we have alternatives for a 433, 532, 4231 for next season, These seem to be all players we have been heavily linked with and if MS comes which is likely. we can try a 532 now

Obviously talking about attacking minded midfielders mate
He's failed abysmally in that role at Arsenal, hence the fact they dropped him back to defensive midfield. He missed all but three games last season, and in the season before he managed two goals and four assists... one of which was in an u21 match against Stoke's kids. in 2013/14 he managed five goals and five assists, which is his best ever season (statistically) in the prem.

So far with Bournemouth this season he's scored zero goals and provided one assist. In 1200 minutes. If he was a decent attacking player he'd be having the sort of impact for Bournemouth that Sigurdsson does for Swansea, or Snodgrass does for Hull.

He's spent so much time injured that he is the only player I have yet found on transfermarkt who has an entire season of stats simply missing from his profile. Go and look for yourself: try to find his season stats for 2011/12 - you can't even search that season for him, it's not even an option on the drop-down menu.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-wilshere/leistungsdaten/spieler/74223/plus/0?saison=2016

Massive, massive swerve. Not worth a penny.

He's failed abysmally in that role at Arsenal, hence the fact they dropped him back to defensive midfield. He missed all but three games last season, and in the season before he managed two goals and four assists... one of which was in an u21 match against Stoke's kids. in 2013/14 he managed five goals and five assists, which is his best ever season (statistically) in the prem.

So far with Bournemouth this season he's scored zero goals and provided one assist. In 1200 minutes. If he was a decent attacking player he'd be having the sort of impact for Bournemouth that Sigurdsson does for Swansea, or Snodgrass does for Hull.

He's spent so much time injured that he is the only player I have yet found on transfermarkt who has an entire season of stats simply missing from his profile. Go and look for yourself: try to find his season stats for 2011/12 - you can't even search that season for him, it's not even an option on the drop-down menu.

Interesting that

Thought he'd been doing better at Bournemouth tbh

Still think he's got a lot to offer if he stays fit

Watching the Villa right back, Armavi, who we were supposedly linked to. Decent player but not £20m that was being bandied about.
Interesting to see Grealish too.

Watching the Villa right back, Armavi, who we were supposedly linked to. Decent player but not £20m that was being bandied about.
Interesting to see Grealish too.

Yeah the right back looks decent. No one's got past him all game.
Grealish thinks he's better than he actually is.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-wilshere/leistungsdaten/spieler/74223/plus/0?saison=2016

Fair comment, but I actually think he links play well and can play the Silva role at City. I used to have Silva in my fantasy team and he gets you sod all points as he rarely scores or directly assists and I didn't really understand as I think he is excellent. However he links the midfield to attack brilliantly and often provides the pass that provides the assist - so statistically not very good but a superb player, a fit ( that's the problem) Wilshire could provide this role obviously to a lesser extent but then we would never be able to sign a Silva anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.