McAleny
McGeady
Henen
Rodriguez
Niasse
Lennon
Kone
Cleverley

We could move all of them on and barely notice..14 players and ive probably forgotten some as well ..

That sends a message to the rest of the squad.
It's frightening because it's true. Sure there are some that I would let go before the others, and a couple that I might actually keep a bit longer depending on who we bring in... but Niasse, Rodriguez, Henen, McGeady, McAleny, Gibson could all spontaneously combust tomorrow and it would make absolutely no difference to the squad whatsoever.

I'm intrigued mate. What do you think Wilshere could add, and what do you base that opinion on? Do you see him as a box to box type, suitable for a 433 / 442, or as a DM in a 4231, or the 10 in a 4231? Or something else?
I'm not the only one mate. I see him alongside gueye winning tackles and starting attacks. He has an eye for a pass too.
Injuries have not helped him but their is talent there. You don't have to agree. Arsene wenger , Eddie howe among others see a player there too

Indeed he does. It appears Koeman has identified Schneiderlin as a likely candidate, and I would love to see him join us.

If I wanted a specifically attack-minded midfielder, I'd have Joe Allen come in before I even acknowledged Wilshere's existence (Allen currently has five goals and four assists this season).

I'd sign Claudio Yacob or Etienne Capoue to play alongside Gana before I'd even contact Wilshere's agent.

Thank Christ you're not RK or SW then.

Agree but god knows what goes on in the background between the buying and selling club

Have a horrible feeling we need to find a buyer for McCarthy first
If that's the case nothing has changed much, I would hope it just the case of making room for new players. The dead wood worries me no one want them, there's probably 5 we hardly ever see (Niasse,Kone,Gibson,mcaleny and Rodriquez) need to go first then sort out the rest, but God know who will take them.

Interesting that

Thought he'd been doing better at Bournemouth tbh

Still think he's got a lot to offer if he stays fit
Always fit for England, never fit for Arsenal. His injury problems, obviously barring the big knee op he had in the 2011/12 season, are of the mind not the body. Big no from me.

I think you misunderstand, old bean. I'm not saying I want any of those players.... I'm just using them to illustrate how poor Wilshere actually is.

Thankfully, it's a moot point. We're never in a million years going to sign Wilshere. Vault me.

On his day Wilshere is class, it doesn't take too long a memory to remember him dominating Barcelona's midfield in a champions league game, and we desperately need a creative midfielder. He isn't a poor player and only someone deluded would think that, he's hampered by injuries severely, but far from poor. What we have currently on the other hand IS poor.

Would love to see a couple of proper footballers back at the club in our midfield, Arteta and Pienarr types who can get the ball and look after it, pick a pass and move us forward.
We seem to be linked with tall powerful types, which will get you so far but won't be pretty to watch
Should have got Payet and Banega when we had the chance.

Rather have Trippier if you're talking Spurs full backs

both who i said we should have got a while back, would have been brilliant backup options to coleman and baines and replaced them perfectly as first choice when the time comes. That's the main difference between us and spurs, they pick up these good little bargains for squad players and the performance doesn't really drop when they rotate. That's what we need to be aiming at in 5 years time, two good players for each position.

If you offer those two right now on a free there would be plenty of clubs willing to take them

Think Clev has 2 1/2 years left on a 5 year contract at 50k a week (jesus Christ) so that's nearly 6m saved binning him off on a free

Cleverley perhaps but I doubt they'll be queuing up to offer Gibson fifty grand a week (or whatever he's on) given his injury record.

There seems to be this perception that it only needs the club to decide that players should go and they will, when the truth is considerably different.

Status
Not open for further replies.