January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he has been crap for them for a good while mate.

started brilliantly then just dropped off massively for them. Went from being potentially top class to average, despite game time.

Looked him up in the summer ;)

I'm aware of the reasons. But there's a player there. That's obvious.

We should be in for M'villa now he has decided he isn't going to Sunderland. Has a good engine, puts himself about and has a decent range of passing. Also fits in with @MoutsGoat height and age stipulations. As a squad player who won't cost much seems a no brainer to me.
Transfermarkt suggests his contract expires this month - presumably he's already got a new club lined up.

Having said that, I'd take him over Cleverley and Gibson. If we were to bring in Schneiderlin and M'Vila for £25m ish combined, whilst also shipping out some dead wood (like Cleverly and Gibson, who might bring in £5m to £10m between them) then that would transform our midfield instantly.

We should be in for M'villa now he has decided he isn't going to Sunderland. Has a good engine, puts himself about and has a decent range of passing. Also fits in with @MoutsGoat height and age stipulations. As a squad player who won't cost much seems a no brainer to me.
The thing is mate, haven't personally watched him play so not a definitive review here. But when the best club in the league after him is relegation battlers Sunderland, it makes me question just how good he actually is, or how much better he is on our current midfield.

I mean you see it all the time, linked with boss clubs, signs for crap ones. there was a lad the kopites were talking about in the summer signing, big office debate about it, ended up at wolves! So yeah, If he was that good, and available, then why didn't he end up at least higher up the league?

Transfermarkt suggests his contract expires this month - presumably he's already got a new club lined up.

Having said that, I'd take him over Cleverley and Gibson. If we were to bring in Schneiderlin and M'Vila for £25m ish combined, whilst also shipping out some dead wood (like Cleverly and Gibson, who might bring in £5m to £10m between them) then that would transform our midfield instantly.

I'd take Saint and Greavsie in a straight swap for those 2 oxygen thieves.

The thing is mate, haven't personally watched him play so not a definitive review here. But when the best club in the league after him is relegation battlers Sunderland, it makes me question just how good he actually is, or how much better he is on our current midfield.

I mean you see it all the time, linked with boss clubs, signs for crap ones. there was a lad the kopites were talking about in the summer signing, big office debate about it, ended up at wolves! So yeah, If he was that good, and available, then why didn't he end up at least higher up the league?

Yann M'Vila is a top player. If Sunderland had paid the £8mil in the summer they wouldnt have been in the mess they were in during the first few games.

Yann M'Vila is a top player. If Sunderland had paid the £8mil in the summer they wouldnt have been in the mess they were in during the first few games.
Then why doesn't any other half decent club want him then mate?

He is clearly available to transfer so why didn't any club away from the bottom 3 in any league move for him?

But he was at Sunderland all last season and they were still awful and barely avoided relegation

Ask the sunderland fans and i guess they would say that last season he was one of their top 3 or 4 players...kone and that DM in Jan as well as Defoe.

He played a big part in them staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.