January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin and Gabbiadini in for a combined 40mm and then Depay on loan. I think that sounds about right. If we can sell any of Lennon, Gibson, Niasse, Kone, Cleverley then possibly we also see movement for a keeper or center half.

Not saying it is what i want, just that it would be a reasonable window. Those are players that we seemingly have genuine interest in, should be able to attract and the values are fair.

It also allows us to capitalize on the benefit of the Stones sale, plus you would get a direly needed CM and two players that can play in several spots across the attack if need be.

Schneiderlin and Gabbiadini in for a combined 40mm and then Depay on loan. I think that sounds about right. If we can sell any of Lennon, Gibson, Niasse, Kone, Cleverley then possibly we also see movement for a keeper or center half.

Not saying it is what i want, just that it would be a reasonable window. Those are players that we seemingly have genuine interest in, should be able to attract and the values are fair.

It also allows us to capitalize on the benefit of the Stones sale, plus you would get a direly needed CM and two players that can play in several spots across the attack if need be.
Can't say I'm too excited at gabbiadini . . . He's not exactly set the Italian league alight, as I understand .

Can't say I'm too excited at gabbiadini . . . He's not exactly set the Italian league alight, as I understand .

He's exactly the type of forward we could do with atm though mate.

Was very impressed with him against Inter the other day.

He ran the lines, held the ball up, linked the play, dropped wide - everything that Koeman seems to want his forwards to do.

He'd compliment Rom brilliantly.

He ran the lines, held the ball up, linked the play, dropped wide - everything that Koeman seems to want his forwards to do.

I'll take your word for it, (mainly cos I'm not paying) but I also like forwards who score goals.

I'll take your word for it, (mainly cos I'm not paying) but I also like forwards who score goals.

Oh he definitely needs to score more - but he has done it in the past - he was prolific at Sampdoria but played mainly from a wide-forward role.

We have a goalscorer in Lukaku, the issue is he doesn't do the work which will open up defence - he's just not that type of player.

Somebody of Gabbiadini's ilk would definitely help in that imo

My issue with him is mate, should we be buying a player who compliments Rom specifically for that reason when we all know in 6 months time he wont be here?

Oh he definitely needs to score more - but he has done it in the past - he was prolific at Sampdoria but played mainly from a wide-forward role.

We have a goalscorer in Lukaku, the issue is he doesn't do the work which will open up defence - he's just not that type of player.

Somebody of Gabbiadini's ilk would definitely help in that imo
Yes - i think that is how Koeman sees him, out wide. Used that way I think he could score goals.

I think he could be an interesting choice. Plus he has a cannon of a left leg.

Put it this way - Rom up top with Depay and Gabbiadini wide can't be less fruitful than Rom up top with Kev and Del out wide can it? Especially since Del can't play more than a half at a time......

I know we love Del (and honestly Ross falls in this catagory too), but we can't plan around the players we think they should be......

My issue with him is mate, should we be buying a player who compliments Rom specifically for that reason when we all know in 6 months time he wont be here?
Fair point that....

All the discussions with Manu make me wonder if there is not also talk of Rom going to them with Depay (permanent), Rooney and some cash coming back to us in the summer. Sure that is just my idle mind as things like that are rare - but we know Rom and Pogba are mates. If Rom were to leave would prefer it be to PSG or Juve myself.

Fair point that....

All the discussions with Manu make me wonder if there is not also talk of Rom going to them with Depay (permanent), Rooney and some cash coming back to us in the summer. Sure that is just my idle mind as things like that are rare - but we know Rom and Pogba are mates. If Rom were to leave would prefer it be to PSG or Juve myself.

If we could get Schneiderlin and Depay off them then it'd for me suggest something has been agreed - as United letting them both go to us would deffo strengthen (in table terms a rival) us.

Think January will give us some insight as well, IF we have done a handshake deal on Rom going there then we will have to get someone in up front who we can see if he has it at this level irregardless of a possible Rooney homecoming

Not seen much of him but Dolberg at Ajax - we should be all over that, if we are gonna be flogging om next summer (likely as hell),then it'd give us a good 6 months getting the lad used to the league etc, he does seem a talent like

Status
Not open for further replies.