January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Brand’s pulling a smoke mirror, otherwise with Davies, DCL, Snides on the bench and couple of injuries 11th place will be a dream soon...

Going to Arsenal isn’t he?
I read something the other day saying arsenal only want A loan at the moment and possibly buy him in the summer. It also said west ham was interested but the player wasn't keen to move to them.
Not sure how true it all is but the article then suggested if we went in for him we'd be able to get him...

I think we’ve seen the danger of panic buying in Jan with Tosun and to a lesser extent Walcott. Silva did say they would do business if the right player(s) were available but they generally aren’t in January.

Granted but hes very hit and miss, very, very talented when in the mood tho for sure.

The problem is hes a Left Winger, not quite sure how or where he would fit in, considering we have LOTS of Left Wingers.

Yeah tbh I've only just realised he's a left winger, always thought he was a right winger for some reason. So you're probably right he's not someone we need.

It looks like we have no takers for our pile o'trash players such as McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, et al.

Clubs/agents will have known for months that they're not regulars for us and are available if the price is right. Niasse, McCarthy and Schneiderlin can probably be had for next to nothing compared to what we bought them for, probably 10m a piece maximum, or the first sensible offer that comes our way. Tosun we're probably prepared to take a big hit on, I reckon 15m is about right for him. Get him back to Turkey to whoever it is we bought him from.

The fact that nobody has come in tells me they're C list signings out of desperation at the end of the window.

It looks like we have no takers for our pile o'trash players such as McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, et al.

Clubs/agents will have known for months that they're not regulars for us and are available if the price is right. Niasse, McCarthy and Schneiderlin can probably be had for next to nothing compared to what we bought them for, probably 10m a piece maximum, or the first sensible offer that comes our way. Tosun we're probably prepared to take a big hit on, I reckon 15m is about right for him. Get him back to Turkey to whoever it is we bought him from.

The fact that nobody has come in tells me they're C list signings out of desperation at the end of the window.
Niasse and Morgan will go for sure probably last week of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.