January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I'd probably accept fair offers for all of them. Vlasic is the only one who is interesting at the moment.

We should really be hoping that its Militao but if we cant get him this window i think the dream is over.
I’m confident that brahimi wasn’t the target and not convinced Militao was either. If we are going to sign anyone this window it’s going to be a midfielder and that’s only if Gana leaves. Otherwise unless one of Marcos long term goal is thrown at Brands to sign no one will be coming in.

I’m confident that brahimi wasn’t the target and not convinced Militao was either. If we are going to sign anyone this window it’s going to be a midfielder and that’s only if Gana leaves. Otherwise unless one of Marcos long term goal is thrown at Brands to sign no one will be coming in.

Finally! You got it.

I think Davies still has a couple years to grow and I do think besic will do really well if he stayed but the others I’m not convinced at all they should stay or that we shouldn’t sell them for the profit
Sell them all
They are not good enough for where we are now nevermind where we aspire to be
Keep Gana , Siggy , sign Gomes and gradually sell the rest and buy 3 more

True but he did mark a complete turn around in our form under moyes when he first arrived culminating in champ league qualifying

Mate he worked his balls off, chased Everytime , everything and was an out ball and that was so important for us and allowed us to be able to defend I. Numbers and still get up the pitch by him chasing balls and getting throws and free kicks etc in their half. But scoring goals was not his best talent , in fact football wasn’t even his best talent , he had an outstanding shagging career and was smashing Gemma Atkinson when she was in her prime

32 in 58 for Sunderland tbf. 102 in 247 premier league appearances isn't too bad.

Sorry I meant for us , like you said his scoring wasn’t shocking , I remeber thinking he was ok when we signed him , from Leicester I think, and he was a very important player for us , but he was just an athlete , but like Lewin.

It looks like we have no takers for our pile o'trash players such as McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, et al.

Clubs/agents will have known for months that they're not regulars for us and are available if the price is right. Niasse, McCarthy and Schneiderlin can probably be had for next to nothing compared to what we bought them for, probably 10m a piece maximum, or the first sensible offer that comes our way. Tosun we're probably prepared to take a big hit on, I reckon 15m is about right for him. Get him back to Turkey to whoever it is we bought him from.

The fact that nobody has come in tells me they're C list signings out of desperation at the end of the window.
And yet lads want us to sign more C list signings at the end of this window

Mate he worked his balls off, chased Everytime , everything and was an out ball and that was so important for us and allowed us to be able to defend I. Numbers and still get up the pitch by him chasing balls and getting throws and free kicks etc in their half. But scoring goals was not his best talent , in fact football wasn’t even his best talent , he had an outstanding shagging career and was smashing Gemma Atkinson when she was in her prime

100%, he was the archetypal 1 up front. Not a goal scorer no, but good at what he did until it was sussed out by the teams.

.....over a week into the January transfer window, and here’s what’s been said in the rumour columns this Wednesday morning;

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton Director of Football, Marcel Brands, is not expecting to do any business in this January transfer window but would not count it out totally.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton are keen on Porto winger, Yacine Brahimi. Apparently, Everton watched the 28 year old score 2 goals in a 3-1 win over Nacional on Monday night. The Algerian international becomes a free agent in the summer.

- Southampton fans forum pick up on a rumour linking their club with a move for Everton’s 21 year old winger Ademola Lookman, suggesting the Saints would be unwilling to pay the £28m asking fee.

- Bristol Live say an injury continues to hold up Joe Williams’ loan move to Bristol City. The Liverpool Echo report Marco Silva will not sanction a permanent move for the 22 year old midfielder who he wants to be part of pre-season training in the summer.
Not too sure how much of a free agent Brahimi is Eggs. Unless his circumstances have changed (which I very much doubt) Brahimi is 50% owned by a 3rd party. I'm pretty sure it's only his contract with Porto that ends in the summer. We'd still have to pay off his agent or whoever the 3rd party is, plus I'm sure the player would want a big signing on fee too.

Decent player but comes with too much baggage for me, plus he's 29 next month. Not what we need.

I’d honestly take just cutting the dross even more from the squad and focusing on long term targets for the summer. Bringing in a stocking plaster like Tosun on high wages is stupid.

It’s really down to Silva to coach some better performances from the players we do have. I don’t know how a defence of Digne Mina Zouma and Coleman has not made us look any more solid in games than Martina Williams Jagielka Kenny.

It looks like we have no takers for our pile o'trash players such as McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, et al.

Clubs/agents will have known for months that they're not regulars for us and are available if the price is right. Niasse, McCarthy and Schneiderlin can probably be had for next to nothing compared to what we bought them for, probably 10m a piece maximum, or the first sensible offer that comes our way. Tosun we're probably prepared to take a big hit on, I reckon 15m is about right for him. Get him back to Turkey to whoever it is we bought him from.

The fact that nobody has come in tells me they're C list signings out of desperation at the end of the window.

So you don’t believe we received an offer for Niasse? You don’t believe there’s interest in Schneiderlin from France?

McCarthy has fitness issues and no one is going to buy him in January unless he proves that he’s ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.