January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet yesterday we played the mighty Leicester City and our only shot on target (Tosun) was in the final minutes and the goalkeeper very comfortably palmed it out of danger.

Yes Sam's football was pretty bad, but the squad contained zero players he had brought in when he took the job and to be quite honest it wasn't that much worse than the current drivel we're being served up from a manager who was given many many more millions to change the squad and style of play.

Sam brought in Tosun and Walcott, for 43 million

It's certainly been a roller-coaster and arguably you can fairly question how much we've improved on the pitch since Moyes left; we've already had false dawns.

Martinez showed us promise in terms of attacking football but then it all went awash because defensively we were poor and players seemed organised.

They soon became disenchanted. In hindsight, Koeman's football was never beautiful and soon dwindled when once again people became disenchanted.

Sam is beyond description and that the verdict is still out on Silva. A lot of teams can probably say the same out of the top sixth, so perhaps that's where we lay.

If Everton was a roller coaster it would be like the oblivion at Alton towers or a ghost train with kenwright, fat sam, bolasie, mgeady, kone, Alceraz and sandro etc all popping out round every corner

L'equipe saying PSGs budget for Gana is €35mil which is about £31.5mil.

If gana was 25 I wouldn’t even think about selling him, but he’s 29? It’s going to take 2-3 years to get to where we want to be and that’s if we ever do. At that time he’s going to be 31-32 and need replacing anyway. I don’t see the point in not selling our players that aren’t going to be able to play in our team I. 2-3 years tbh. As long as it’s a decent fee and 30m imo is a very decent fee, goes without saying that he needs a replacement lined up before we let him go imo

If gana was 25 I wouldn’t even think about selling him, but he’s 29? It’s going to take 2-3 years to get to where we want to be and that’s if we ever do. At that time he’s going to be 31-32 and need replacing anyway. I don’t see the point in not selling our players that aren’t going to be able to play in our team I. 2-3 years tbh. As long as it’s a decent fee and 30m imo is a very decent fee, goes without saying that he needs a replacement lined up before we let him go imo

100% agree.

We really need to take the money with Brands using it for a box to box powerhouse.

100% agree.

We really need to take the money with Brands using it for a box to box powerhouse.

The Germans do it very well for the national team. They look at the next tournament say in 2 years normally or 4 and then look at the players ages and see who is going to be what age in those tournaments and play them together for years so they’re ready when the time comes. I feel we have to do something similar and aim to challenge in 2020 or whatever and get players in and explain to them that’s the aim and they won’t be sold until after that season. Get young players or 25 etc and have a time scale and a goal, if we get lucky in the meantime then great. But trying to bridge the gap every season doesn’t seem to work and costs a lot of money. The other way is that brands finds a lot of fringe players from Barca etc that have a point to prove , like digne, arteta etc and they don’t need developing ? They just need less pressure , but of love and game time to get back to the level that earned them their big moves in the first place. Trouble with that is you are going run the risk of ending up with the Barca equivalent of sneiderfraud

The gulf in quality there is staggering.

I really wanted Tosun to work as he “looked” a great finisher, but didn’t realise how slow he was and the fact that Sam was looking st him whilst he was at Palace and thought he would be a good foil for Zaha to play with.

I still think Walcott can still do a job for us over the next 12 to 18 months as his speed opens spaces, he just seems to be wearing his Nan’s slippers at the moment as he has been total ineffective

Status
Not open for further replies.