January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted Tosun to work as he “looked” a great finisher, but didn’t realise how slow he was and the fact that Sam was looking st him whilst he was at Palace and thought he would be a good foil for Zaha to play with.

I still think Walcott can still do a job for us over the next 12 to 18 months as his speed opens spaces, he just seems to be wearing his Nan’s slippers at the moment as he has been total ineffective
Doesn’t really mater how fast you’re, if you haven’t a football brain or can’t control the ball or pick the wrong option time and time again.

He will be nowhere near our team in 12months imo.

We need players out and to reduce the wage bill. I can't see many incomings this window unless at least 3 players are sold.

We need a reality check and take into effect the last set of figures. Nearly 80% of our turnover was spent on wages, and that year included money from the Europa League.

This is not sustainable, especially with a new stadium to pay for.

We need players out and to reduce the wage bill. I can't see many incomings this window unless at least 3 players are sold.

We need a reality check and take into effect the last set of figures. Nearly 80% of our turnover was spent on wages, and that year included money from the Europa League.

This is not sustainable, especially with a new stadium to pay for.
Would be nice to know how much turnover is spent on wages at the top 6 clubs to compare like

But we have so much deadwood to flog

Harder for clubs like us tho, Dortmund, Monaco and Ajax etc can get these players in young and play them in an inferior league , which means they’re less likely to flop, while also giving them CL games. They can play these players and still qualify for the cl and then sell on for massive profits and sign another 10-20 players of which a higher % are likely to be good enough for their league as it’s not as good and sell most for nominal fees and if they get 1-2 like Sancho, Pulisic , martial, sanchez, lozano etc they make very good Maloney and still compete for their leagues. For us to even get EL we have to perform most weeks and against tougher opposition meaning the model is less likely to work. It might make us more profitable but we would get the reputation of a selling club and young players would expect their big move whenever they have a good season and city etc come in for them. The only way it would for as far as winning cups or becoming CL regulars, is if we scouted 5-6 players that all progressed at the same time and to CL level.

I know what you mean but think we've all become selling clubs now bar City,PsG,Real and Barca.

Options even for clubs below that level are getting very difficult. Think our own academies are going to have to be the only way to go for a few years as even championship player fees are getting silly.

Good move for him and for Wolves as well. I rate him higher than DCL, so I wouldn't be against signing him. 40 league goals at Championship level at age of 21 is a brillliant achievement.

Reckon he will be a good player for them if it happens.

Like to see milner here next sesson, last year of his contract and could leave at the end of the season.

Decent little utility player would provide decent cover for lb lm RB RM and cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.