January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs have Kane, too, and Chelsea started Giroud up front this past week. Lukaku is big enough, even if he isn't a true target guy.

We aren't really playing a 4-2-3-1 in the way Silva wants to play it unfortunately. I think he is playing more of a 4-3-3 in the way that you described with Gana in the back. RIcharlison and Walcott we thought would be the inside type forwards, with Digne and Coleman providing attacks and service from the outside. Coleman isn't capable of it unfortunately. Gomes also just isn't quick enough to truly play it that way as we keep giving the ball away and he can't stop the counter. It's really all Gana, but at least Gomes takes care of the ball.

But it's obvious we can't take care of the ball enough to break down a side that is packed in. Poor decisions and passing skills combined with poor athleticism is a complete disaster.
Kane does way more than just hold play up. He creates a ton and gets more shots away by maneuvering defenders than just about anyone. Rom is only a target man on size he doesn't so any of the other stuff. Giroud is an option for them now but my guess is if they stick with Sarri he won't be for long. That kind of player is obsolete at the top end of football.

Kane does way more than just hold play up. He creates a ton and gets more shots away by maneuvering defenders than just about anyone. Rom is only a target man on size he doesn't so any of the other stuff. Giroud is an option for them now but my guess is if they stick with Sarri he won't be for long. That kind of player is obsolete at the top end of football.
Of course they do. I'm not suggesting Peter Crouch here. Just suggesting some aerial presence and holdup play. Loan deal, something cheap.

As a club our recent history shows that we always manage to fall short at the important time. We need a centre forward who can convert chances. He will cost money, please don't let us waste the investment already made by trying to penny pinch now. Buy a good centre forward who will score us goals. Our team is so nervous about the other side scoring that we can't express ourselves because we know that we can't score. We need to feel that we can still win if we go a goal down.

As a club our recent history shows that we always manage to fall short at the important time. We need a centre forward who can convert chances. He will cost money, please don't let us waste the investment already made by trying to penny pinch now. Buy a good centre forward who will score us goals. Our team is so nervous about the other side scoring that we can't express ourselves because we know that we can't score. We need to feel that we can still win if we go a goal down.
They can't express themselves because nobody in the team has anything to express. Bernard occasionally pulls of a bit of skill and goes past someone and that's basically it. We aren't crawling with flair players who are being held back by some kind of fear of making a mistake.

Hopefully the shouts for Mitrovic will stop, as really the target man is a plan B for most clubs.

We have to give this team time, there are places that need replacing in time but Jebus the overeaction because we have had a poor run over the last 8 games.

Hopefully with the Brands message we will stop seeing those FM lists that keep appearing with a load of players we aren’t signing.

Personally I will be very surprised if there is anything substantial this transfer window, in or out.

......doom and gloom this morning after another depressing defeat, and there’s very little on the transfer rumour front this morning to raise our spirits. Here’s the round-up for day two of the transfer window;

- According to Calciomercato, several Italian clubs are interested in 28 year old Nantes forward, Emiliano Sala, but Everton, West Ham and Fulham are also looking at the Argentinian.

- The Daily Mail report West Ham are exploring the possibility of taking Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, on loan. The 28 year old has 18 months left on his contract and is also a target for Fulham and West Brom.

- Bristol Live say Aston Villa are closing in on a loan deal for 24 year old Everton defender, Tyias Browning. Villa are in a defensive crisis and have had to recall Tommy Elphick from his loan spell at Hull.

Can't believe all this talk about mitrovic and rondon.
He needs someone with pace surley brands can see that

Take the vardy goal yesterday for example DCL or tosun wouldn't of had the pace to do that.

Rather get it done now as the season is a right off and give him half a season to adapt.

Take the vardy goal yesterday for example DCL or tosun wouldn't of had the pace to do that.

Rather get it done now as the season is a right off and give him half a season to adapt.

....DCL is quick but i’m not certain he’d have the composure and ability to finish as Vardy did. Mind you, I could run away from Keane and i’m 62.

....DCL is quick but i’m not certain he’d have the composure and ability to finish as Vardy did. Mind you, I could run away from Keane and i’m 62.
Harsh ... but fair.

If you went out and bought 10 out and out speed merchants for the outfield positions with the caveat that they had top level footballing experience, would that team play better than what we have now? I'd of course like them to be insanely skilled, but it's just a hypothetical question. I know Arsene Wenger always prioritised speed and touch as a criteria he wouldn't compromise on.

Harsh ... but fair.

If you went out and bought 10 out and out speed merchants for the outfield positions with the caveat that they had top level footballing experience, would that team play better than what we have now? I'd of course like them to be insanely skilled, but it's just a hypothetical question. I know Arsene Wenger always prioritised speed and touch as a criteria he wouldn't compromise on.

....it’s a balance, but you certainly need athleticism in key areas of your team.

Wasn’t Tosun’a goal against Palace oretty similar??

Status
Not open for further replies.