January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the shouts for Mitrovic will stop, as really the target man is a plan B for most clubs.

We have to give this team time, there are places that need replacing in time but Jebus the overeaction because we have had a poor run over the last 8 games.

Hopefully with the Brands message we will stop seeing those FM lists that keep appearing with a load of players we aren’t signing.

Personally I will be very surprised if there is anything substantial this transfer window, in or out.
I agree time is required. 4 months ago I would have thought we were set on the wings with Lookman Richarlison Bernard and Walcott. Now Walcott looks not so good, Bernard is average so far, Lookman is probably off and Richarlison looks more like a striker. I don't know if we will do anything in January but it looks like going into next summer winger could be very high on the list with RB and possibly CB if Zouma isn't made permanent.

I agree time is required. 4 months ago I would have thought we were set on the wings with Lookman Richarlison Bernard and Walcott. Now Walcott looks not so good, Bernard is average so far, Lookman is probably off and Richarlison looks more like a striker. I don't know if we will do anything in January but it looks like going into next summer winger could be very high on the list with RB and possibly CB if Zouma isn't made permanent.
I don’t think Walcott will be at Everton in 12/18 months. Who knows what will happen with lookman. I think Richarlison is better wide, but not in a 4231 system I think 433 would suit him better. Where he can stay a bit further up the pitch and closer to the striker.

In a 433 that puts a question mark over siggurdsson, maybe because Bernard is quicker and I think slightly better technically, maybe he could play in a midfield 3,

I don’t think Walcott will be at Everton in 12/18 months. Who knows what will happen with lookman. I think Richarlison is better wide, but not in a 4231 system I think 433 would suit him better. Where he can stay a bit further up the pitch and closer to the striker.

In a 433 that puts a question mark over siggurdsson, maybe because Bernard is quicker and I think slightly better technically, maybe he could play in a midfield 3,
Bernard doesn't have the defensive ability to do it I don't think. He works hard but you have to have the skill too and I don't think that's him. Agreed on Richarlison but for now he needs to be viewed as a striker. If we are going to make an effort to switch the system than we can look at him based on how he fits but at the moment we shouldn't be thinking of him as winger depth. Whether Walcott stays or not he isn't good enough playing how he is right now. Honestly so far Bernard hasn't been either. We really need to find quality in the wide areas. I think it's what is holding us back the most currently.

Emiliano Sala looks like a typical West Ham signing. 28 years old one season wonder, hopefully we won't be anywhere close.

We can't be too harsh on DCL. Everybody, aside from the manager is appears, can see his weaknesses. I had hoped the dark days of Koeman/Everton playing DCL as the focal point after spending 200m were firmly behind us. But sadly not. Let's not forget he is a young striker plucked from the lower league and thrust into our starting XI. It's not his fault he starts for us. Also, Tosun and Niasse are not Silva/Brands signings and don't fit into our system. We desperately need a striker don't we?

We can't be too harsh on DCL. Everybody, aside from the manager is appears, can see his weaknesses. I had hoped the dark days of Koeman/Everton playing DCL as the focal point after spending 200m were firmly behind us. But sadly not. Let's not forget he is a young striker plucked from the lower league and thrust into our starting XI. It's not his fault he starts for us. Also, Tosun and Niasse are not Silva/Brands signings and don't fit into our system. We desperately need a striker don't we?

Totally agree with all that. He needed to go on loan about 2 seasons ago but we never got another striker in so he had to play. In the top flight. Even though he’s still nowhere near ready, even now.

We need the RB / CM / RF / CF positions filled and we just need to go for top quality and tick them off one by one...

If we can bring in 2 players this window then i think that would be ideal.

I wouldn't have a problem if we sold anyone from our team / squad. None of them are good enough to build a team around.

Pickford - big time Charlie who thinks he is miles better than he really is
Steklenberg - CBA commenting
Coleman - Sadly not the player he was before his injury
Kenny - Tony Hibbert Mk II
Baines - thanks for the memories
Digne - the only "sucess" but you can't build a team around a left back
Keane - back to his nadir of last season
Zouma - not ours
Mina - £27 million ....really
Jagielka - well he's Jagielka
Mc Carthy - can't remember his last game
Gana - the only one holding midfield together but can't pass forwards
Gomes - not ours
Davies - not ready - not sure he ever will be
Walcott - finished
Sigurdson - flatters to deceive
Bernard - no end product
DCL - see Davies
Tosun - was never good enough , would be ok for a team like Norwich
Niasse- see Tosun
Richarlison - oh yes the golden boy. Well to me he plays like a spoilt petulant child

Silva and Brands have a hell of a job - are they up to it ? Not on the evidence thus far, but you can't keep chopping and changing manager.

The players have been terrible under the last 4 managers so they must take the blame.

I wouldn't have a problem if we sold anyone from our team / squad. None of them are good enough to build a team around.

Pickford - big time Charlie who thinks he is miles better than he really is
Steklenberg - CBA commenting
Coleman - Sadly not the player he was before his injury
Kenny - Tony Hibbert Mk II
Baines - thanks for the memories
Digne - the only "sucess" but you can't build a team around a left back
Keane - back to his nadir of last season
Zouma - not ours
Mina - £27 million ....really
Jagielka - well he's Jagielka
Mc Carthy - can't remember his last game
Gana - the only one holding midfield together but can't pass forwards
Gomes - not ours
Davies - not ready - not sure he ever will be
Walcott - finished
Sigurdson - flatters to deceive
Bernard - no end product
DCL - see Davies
Tosun - was never good enough , would be ok for a team like Norwich
Niasse- see Tosun
Richarlison - oh yes the golden boy. Well to me he plays like a spoilt petulant child

Silva and Brands have a hell of a job - are they up to it ? Not on the evidence thus far, but you can't keep chopping and changing manager.

The players have been terrible under the last 4 managers so they must take the blame.

this is terrible

bernard has provided assists and chances so 'no end product' is nonsense, cant build a team round a left back as a criticism, bizarre

Bernard doesn't have the defensive ability to do it I don't think. He works hard but you have to have the skill too and I don't think that's him. Agreed on Richarlison but for now he needs to be viewed as a striker. If we are going to make an effort to switch the system than we can look at him based on how he fits but at the moment we shouldn't be thinking of him as winger depth. Whether Walcott stays or not he isn't good enough playing how he is right now. Honestly so far Bernard hasn't been either. We really need to find quality in the wide areas. I think it's what is holding us back the most currently.
Yes you would need his 2 midfield partners to be a certain type, to suit him. What I was thinking about was his ability to get from the halfway line to the edge of the opposition’s box quickly and the ability to beat a man. Something siggurdsson struggles to do.

I just don’t think he can play as one of the front 3 as he doesn’t score goals, he should really have 4 or 5 already. But he’s technically a class above Walcott and needs time to adjust, he will probably be a squad player for the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.