January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in here yesterday that the priority is a striker and a right wing. The more I think about it it’s not true.
What we need right now is a strong captain in the mould of Keane/Viera. A true winner with the presence to grab a team by the scruff of the neck and get them playing. You look at the game yesterday and the team just looked lost after about 5 minutes. They have no one to lead them, no one to bollock them, no one to say the things that needs to be said. Instead it’s just 10 losers running around not making 5 yard passes, Pickford laughing after mistakes and they think that’s acceptable. Any strong captain would have ripped them all a new one yesterday and rightly so.
Coleman/Siggurdsson/jakielka/Davies etc are not captains that demand respect. We have no actual leaders, not one.
I think this needs to change before any more flair players are brought in.

I said in here yesterday that the priority is a striker and a right wing. The more I think about it it’s not true.
What we need right now is a strong captain in the mould of Keane/Viera. A true winner with the presence to grab a team by the scruff of the neck and get them playing. You look at the game yesterday and the team just looked lost after about 5 minutes. They have no one to lead them, no one to bollock them, no one to say the things that needs to be said. Instead it’s just 10 losers running around not making 5 yard passes, Pickford laughing after mistakes and they think that’s acceptable. Any strong captain would have ripped them all a new one yesterday and rightly so.
Coleman/Siggurdsson/jakielka/Davies etc are not captains that demand respect. We have no actual leaders, not one.

not wrong there like

davies- only a kid himself
siggy- good player but quiet as a mouse, goes missing when hes needed though
jags- tied shoelace when he was needed as a captain
coleman- obvious choice, but he's worse than jags in my opinion, all he has done since captain is turn around and argue/blame others around him for his mistakes this season

Imagine being able to sign an up and coming player for nearly 60mil and letting him stay at his current club for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't have a problem if we sold anyone from our team / squad. None of them are good enough to build a team around.

Pickford - big time Charlie who thinks he is miles better than he really is
Steklenberg - CBA commenting
Coleman - Sadly not the player he was before his injury
Kenny - Tony Hibbert Mk II
Baines - thanks for the memories
Digne - the only "sucess" but you can't build a team around a left back
Keane - back to his nadir of last season
Zouma - not ours
Mina - £27 million ....really
Jagielka - well he's Jagielka
Mc Carthy - can't remember his last game
Gana - the only one holding midfield together but can't pass forwards
Gomes - not ours
Davies - not ready - not sure he ever will be
Walcott - finished
Sigurdson - flatters to deceive
Bernard - no end product
DCL - see Davies
Tosun - was never good enough , would be ok for a team like Norwich
Niasse- see Tosun
Richarlison - oh yes the golden boy. Well to me he plays like a spoilt petulant child

Silva and Brands have a hell of a job - are they up to it ? Not on the evidence thus far, but you can't keep chopping and changing manager.

The players have been terrible under the last 4 managers so they must take the blame.

Come on mate, talk about knee jerk. We may as well just fold if we go off them comments.

Who? Nobody of that ilk around these days. Players are all snowflakes. See them all laughing n joking together inn the tunnels and on social media. Shirt swaps at HT etc.

I wouldn't have a problem if we sold anyone from our team / squad. None of them are good enough to build a team around.

Pickford - big time Charlie who thinks he is miles better than he really is
Steklenberg - CBA commenting
Coleman - Sadly not the player he was before his injury
Kenny - Tony Hibbert Mk II
Baines - thanks for the memories
Digne - the only "sucess" but you can't build a team around a left back
Keane - back to his nadir of last season
Zouma - not ours
Mina - £27 million ....really
Jagielka - well he's Jagielka
Mc Carthy - can't remember his last game
Gana - the only one holding midfield together but can't pass forwards
Gomes - not ours
Davies - not ready - not sure he ever will be
Walcott - finished
Sigurdson - flatters to deceive
Bernard - no end product
DCL - see Davies
Tosun - was never good enough , would be ok for a team like Norwich
Niasse- see Tosun
Richarlison - oh yes the golden boy. Well to me he plays like a spoilt petulant child

Silva and Brands have a hell of a job - are they up to it ? Not on the evidence thus far, but you can't keep chopping and changing manager.

The players have been terrible under the last 4 managers so they must take the blame.
I agree with all this Sadly

It's not nice saying it but Chelsea are on a different tier to us both financially and regarding status. We're a long, long way off being anywhere near them!
Mate, they're supposed to be better than Spurs and we're even lightyears away from them! And Arsenal who were apparently a shadow of their former selves in the past few seasons, United, and it goes without saying City and the RS. Our rivals are now the likes of Watford, Leicester and Bournemouth. Extremely sad time to be a Blue.

Mate, they're supposed to be better than Spurs and we're even lightyears away from them! And Arsenal who were apparently a shadow of their former selves in the past few seasons, United, and it goes without saying City and the RS. Our rivals are now the likes of Watford, Leicester and Bournemouth. Extremely sad time to be a Blue.
I think that we're in the void between the likes of those teams and those above us, perhaps because of our size and the money that Moshiri has put up.

All the clubs you mentioned are stronger financially and have recent domestic and European pedigree, alongside having better managers and better squads.

To get anywhere near any of those squads, even the diminished Arsenal, will take a fair few seasons of shrewd purchases and a sizeable outlay from ourselves.

I don't expect that to occur overnight as in all reality it will be at least three or four seasons, and that's only if everything goes well - it probably will not knowing us.

I think that we're in the void between the likes of those teams and those above us, perhaps because of our size and the money that Moshiri has put up.

All the clubs you mentioned are stronger financially and have recent domestic and European pedigree, alongside having better managers and better squads.

To get anywhere near any of those squads, even the diminished Arsenal, will take a fair few seasons of shrewd purchases and a sizeable outlay from ourselves.

I don't expect that to occur overnight as in all reality it will be at least three or four seasons, and that's only if everything goes well - it probably will not knowing us.
This must be the longest, re-occurring "transition period" that ever existed.

First it went from Moyes' 'direct but effective' play to Martinez's 'attractive' football, which failed. Then it went from Martinez to Koeman's 'defensively-sound' system, which also failed, and then to Allardyce's 'points first' style of play, which was actually not too bad but not good or sexy enough for our fans, so now we've changed to to Silva's 'attractive' football, which is also failing big time. Full circle, we're pathetic and do not play attractive football at all and have as woeful a defence as we ever did under Martinez.

What a waste of 5-6 years since Moyes and hundreds of millions of pounds.

In what planet was Allardyce's football "not too bad"? As small reminder, we did not have a shot at goal for 4 games!

Talk about revisionism.

Dear God, we have just played how many games in how many days - more than any other team in the country, probably the world and the team look ragged and knackered. No athlete would ever undertake the program our team have just been through.

Can we do better, hell yes, is it a disaster, not for me.

We still have the same issue we've had for years, no leaders. Pickford shouts a lot, but needs to focus on his own game. Look at Milner for the other lot, he is a good example of a leader. Same with Kompany for City. If we could get someone in who tries 100%, but also demands that of his team mates it would really help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.