January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose my argument to that is I don't believe Digne is a significant upgrade on Coleman mate. I see them at broadly the same level. Spending another 15-20 million on a right back to sell Coleman for presumably a similar amount wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to me, as you are always taking a risk on a new signing,

I think Digne is a few levels above Coleman thesedays mate.

Nope.

Baffled why everybody has suddenly turned on Coleman.
His delivery has never been his best asset but it's been noticeably poor this season and now he doesn't really have the pace he used to have to cover that fact.

Personally think he's still one of the better RB's in the league, he's a proper leader and will win you every 50/50, but games like last night when there's a lack of space his weaknesses in attack get exposed more, he doesn't carry the ball past people like he used to be able to and rarely puts a dangerous ball in. But as I said he brings more to the team than most other RB's in the league would bar a few exceptions.

Nope.

Baffled why everybody has suddenly turned on Coleman.
Up until very recently, his form for the season has been well below his pre-injury standard. I think that he'll be allowed until the end of the season to find his usual level before serious thought is given to replacing him, though. He's an excellent player at his best.

Up until very recently, his form for the season has been well below his pre-injury standard. I think that he'll be allowed until the end of the season to find his usual level before serious thought is given to replacing him, though. He's an excellent player at his best.

Hes defo not at his best, but hes doing a decent job for the team.

That Wan Bassoko or whatever his name is, isnt VASTLY better, just baffled by the hate hes getting.

That Wan Bassoko or whatever his name is, isnt VASTLY better, just baffled by the hate hes getting.
There'll always be those who knee-jerk and follow the typical Everton mentality of either being great or awful, rather than the middle ground - most often correct.

I'll openly admit that I do worry about his form and whether he can fully rekindle it, but I still think he's been a great servant and definitely isn't playing 'awfully'.

However, do I think we can get a better right back? Yes I do, and I think the Baines example is a case in point where sentiment clouded too many opinions.

While I'm happy with him in the XI, I wouldn't moan if Brands is already looking towards the future and seeing if there are improvements out there.

Oh, fair enough. I've been out of the GOT bubble for a while, so I didn't realise that he'd been getting it both barrels.

I don't think there's much point rushing in on the likes of Wan-Bissaka anymore, seeing as though every club in the league is now in a position to charge extortionate fees. May as well leave younger players to develop a bit longer if there's no real financial gain in taking a chance early doors.

I honestly wouldn't even see rlc in our first XI if we bought him. I see your point, but he's not better than any of our 3. In the next year or so we should be looking at gomes ss well as that powerful ndombele type and where would that leave him? 4th choice.

As you say, the others just scream players who are at the right place and I include Zaha. If he was any good he wouldn't have had to give up on ever playing for England again. Iheanacho is the perfect example I can think of, at City he had an excellent strike rate and looked like he may become a top striker, but since he's been at Leicester he's shown he was just at the right place. I believe rashford would be very similar if he came here.

It's very hard to know exactly what to do regards a striker. I'd like the idea of Rashford, but you are right to point out Iheanacho.

Status
Not open for further replies.