January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a productive winger and a striker.

Walcott doesn't look right, maybe he's been trying to play through something but he just doesn't seem to have that edge to him. A

Striker wise we basically need another Richarlison. I can't see having Tosun or a player in his ilk suiting our current playing style. We need someone quick, mobile who can pick up a ball and run at defenders but also make runs into the box. Having a hold up player just doesn't suit how we're playing.

Callum Wilson is no better than tosun ffs, we need someone who can score 20+, not waste another £30m on someone who'll just help us be 7th with 12 or 13 goals.
Most of the top teams don’t have a striker who will consistently net 20 goals a season and in the past two decades we’ve had about 2. Where exactly are we getting this striker from?

Need to have pace
Need to be able to press from the front all game
Needs to be skillful enough and clever enough to link up play.
Needs to be smart enough to adapt to the system.
Needs to be a 1:2 type scorer (15 goals a season etc) ideally.

Basically that's ofc the top of my head tge type of requirements I'd think Silva would need for any striker we spent decent t wedge on. Can pretty much rule out most of the striker shouts on here really.

Barbosa fits.

Callum Wilson is no better than tosun ffs, we need someone who can score 20+, not waste another £30m on someone who'll just help us be 7th with 12 or 13 goals.

Callum Wilson is a lot better than Tosun. Hes better at everything, Tosun isn't better at any aspect of forward play.

Not necessarily saying I want him either but he's clearly better.

I'm not sure why improving on certain players would cost 'serious money' ?

If we use the example of Coleman, what would he fetch on the market, lets say £20mil ? Digne was signed for £18mil and is a top player. For what its worth, Miltao at Porto is supposedly valued at £20mil+.

If we did sell Gana for say £30mil then Ndombele is supposedly valued at £60mil. Throw in schneiderlin, Besic and McCarthy and we'd not be far off.

I cant see us spending huge money on individuals unless we offload a few players out for fees...at the moments of course its all hypothetical.

Brands may have some players like Ndombele who he wants but who have yet to make the step up.

I suppose my argument to that is I don't believe Digne is a significant upgrade on Coleman mate. I see them at broadly the same level. Spending another 15-20 million on a right back to sell Coleman for presumably a similar amount wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to me, as you are always taking a risk on a new signing,

Before anyone starts making claims of going after Werner, Lozano & Wan Bissaka or breaking the bank for a centre forward, take a sniff at this

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...arhad-moshiri-hints-evertons-january-15396244

If we are wanting to complete the Gomes deal fairly sharply, which is what sources close to the club believe, i cant imagine we will be splashing out on anyone else.
We could possibly look into sales of the likes of Schneidelin, Niasse & Tosun etc, but i can imagine it being January the only way we can probably shift them would be a loan to buy deal. No one wants to spend in January.
Thats why Gabigol would be ideal on loan, no risk, should strengthen our team (no guarentee he will fit in), and we could look to buy in the summer if he turns out good.
Gabigol and sealing Gomes would do me in January.
Then hopefully we look at a winger, sealing that centre forward spot and a right back in the summer

Callum Wilson is a lot better than Tosun. Hes better at everything, Tosun isn't better at any aspect of forward play.

Not necessarily saying I want him either but he's clearly better.

I'd say Tosun is better in the air and a better finisher, but broadly speaking Wilson is better. The issue with Wilson is he thrives under a certain system. I do wonder how transferable his form would be.

The Toons game clearly showed what we need --- a Graeme Sharpe, a Bob Latchford, a Duncan Ferguson, a Fred Pickering, a Gary Lineker, an Alex Young but anybody have an idea where we might find some one like them?

I'd say Tosun is better in the air and a better finisher, but broadly speaking Wilson is better. The issue with Wilson is he thrives under a certain system. I do wonder how transferable his form would be.

In the air possibly. Better finisher I'd have to, quite strongly, disagree.

Agreed on the system favouring him but I think if we could get him for £10m more than we can flog niasse and Tosun for we should go for it.

Honestly never seen the lad kick a ball mate, but flopping in Italy whilst no full barometer sends a warning as does him flopping on loan in Portugal where traditionally Brazilian players are more in their comfort zone due to culture and language etc.
In fairness, he was behind an unbelievable player in Icardi.

Most of the top teams don’t have a striker who will consistently net 20 goals a season and in the past two decades we’ve had about 2. Where exactly are we getting this striker from?

Just saying that's what we need. Players like Wilson, king, Zaha, Welbeck, Loftus cheek aren't going to take us to the next level, they're clearly a level or two below the calibre we brought in in the summer, just wish people would stop saying they'd be good. They won't take us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.