January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the air possibly. Better finisher I'd have to, quite strongly, disagree.

Agreed on the system favouring him but I think if we could get him for £10m more than we can flog niasse and Tosun for we should go for it.

Thats the crux though mate isn't it. There's no way he goes for 10 million or anything close to that. He doesn't look a player who would radically kick on, so it's a no for me.

Just saying that's what we need. Players like Wilson, king, Zaha, Welbeck, Loftus cheek aren't going to take us to the next level, they're clearly a level or two below the calibre we brought in in the summer, just wish people would stop saying they'd be good. They won't take us anywhere.

I think at the right price some are worth considering. Zouma is at that level and looks a good signing and in many ways Digne was similar. Of the above list I'd look at RLC because he's of an age where he could kick on and hasn't yet. The others look to be playing at their peak and can't see much point signing them.

I think at the right price some are worth considering. Zouma is at that level and looks a good signing and in many ways Digne was similar. Of the above list I'd look at RLC because he's of an age where he could kick on and hasn't yet. The others look to be playing at their peak and can't see much point signing them.

I honestly wouldn't even see rlc in our first XI if we bought him. I see your point, but he's not better than any of our 3. In the next year or so we should be looking at gomes ss well as that powerful ndombele type and where would that leave him? 4th choice.

As you say, the others just scream players who are at the right place and I include Zaha. If he was any good he wouldn't have had to give up on ever playing for England again. Iheanacho is the perfect example I can think of, at City he had an excellent strike rate and looked like he may become a top striker, but since he's been at Leicester he's shown he was just at the right place. I believe rashford would be very similar if he came here.

I can't tell if the Callum Wilson, Josh King & Danny Welbeck shouts are genuine or people on the wind up.

If anything, they dont fit Brands profile, he obviously tends to look outside of the premier league as buying from another premier league team can be expensive

I can't tell if the Callum Wilson, Josh King & Danny Welbeck shouts are genuine or people on the wind up.

If anything, they dont fit Brands profile, he obviously tends to look outside of the premier league as buying from another premier league team can be expensive
The Wilson and Welbeck shouts are just ridiculous, Welbeck is just far too injury prone and has a terrible scoring record also the wrong age and because he went to Arsenal on a free, he is on massive wages there. Wilson whilst in a patch of form, has had 2 serious cruciate injuries. King might not be a bad shout as he could play anywhere in the front four positions, but the cost would be silly as he is Bournmouth's main striker. Nearly as mad as the shouts for Batshuayi, who would need a sat nav to find the goal he is so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.