January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lozano would be great obviously but to me it feels like we need someone left footed to give us something a bit different. Not sure who that could be but a left footed right wing might help as an option.

I'm glad somebody else has said it. In an ideal world 2 one for each side. A left footed right winger cutting in would open space for Coleman to overlap.

Digne is shiny and new, Coleman has been the best right back in the league going on years now. A fantastic ambassador for this club and never rocked the boat when other players couldn't wait to jump ship.

Clearly a dip in form after a horrendous leg break doesn't buy him anytime.

Fans eh
Its disgusting, fans cry about loyalty, but as you say, the second a player doesnt perform at 9/10 they cant wait to push them out the door.

Im not saying we should suffer fools or show loyalty for loyalties sake, but people are so eager to usher players out the door and replace them with the next FOTM that comes along.

I wouldn't want Coleman out of the club or indeed the side. He has been a fabulous ambassador and leader.

I think playing the derby and then Newcastle in the space of a couple of days took it's toll. We could do with another RB of the same qualities to help him.

Kenny is good but still learning the game.

It's a position that needs strengthening, though not as pressing as a forward.

I wouldn't want Coleman out of the club or indeed the side. He has been a fabulous ambassador and leader.

I think playing the derby and then Newcastle in the space of a couple of days took it's toll. We could do with another RB of the same qualities to help him.

Kenny is good but still learning the game.

It's a position that needs strengthening, though not as pressing as a forward.

For sure, its a need, but not as pressing as a Striker or a Right Forward or indeed a silky midfieder if we cant retain Gomes.

Eder Militao (Porto) looks ideal. Another for the Brazilian contingent, 20 years old and doing really well at Right back and centre back.

We could solve the RB position with him and he can also cover CB with Coleman slotting in at RB.

Shouldnt cost a fortune either, maybe £20mil.

We could focus on midfield and attack then.

Eder Militao (Porto) looks ideal. Another for the Brazilian contingent, 20 years old and doing really well at Right back and centre back.

We could solve the RB position with him and he can also cover CB with Coleman slotting in at RB.

Shouldnt cost a fortune either, maybe £20mil.

We could focus on midfield and attack then.

He has a 44m buyout clause Zat and is being tracked by Barca.

He has a 44m buyout clause Zat and is being tracked by Barca.

Buyout clauses lol

Barca should be worried, better for us to sign the players first rather than them developing our future 11.

Another shout could be Malcolm on loan in Jan while were closing the Gomes deal

Digne is shiny and new, Coleman has been the best right back in the league going on years now. A fantastic ambassador for this club and never rocked the boat when other players couldn't wait to jump ship.

Clearly a dip in form after a horrendous leg break doesn't buy him anytime.

Fans eh
Its disgusting, fans cry about loyalty, but as you say, the second a player doesnt perform at 9/10 they cant wait to push them out the door.

Im not saying we should suffer fools or show loyalty for loyalties sake, but people are so eager to usher players out the door and replace them with the next FOTM that comes along.

Coleman hasn't been the best rb in the leauge for a long time. Like since Martinez first season long time. To make out like he has been is just delusional.

We all love Coleman that's not for debate but he's been poor all season. Defensively he's always been poor, the lad never blocks a cross and let's his man get away from him far to often for me, like he has a blind spot when he's in our box.

Point is He always made up for his defensive short comings with his attacking prowess. Some thing which has been lacking from his game, he doesn't bomb on anymore or cut in or do much of anything but get to the edge of the final third stop dead, slow the attack down completely and then pass it backwards. I personally think The injury has took a yard of pace from him and he's afraid to bomb on knowing he won't be able to get back.

So if he's not good in defence and he's not/Can't do what he used to do attacking wise what should we do with him? Because atm he's handicapping our right side by not getting involved in the attacks and not doing his defensive duties aka the Newcastle goal.

I'm not saying we should fire him out of a cannon but what I am saying is we need a new first choice rb for in the summer. I can't see us getting one in January. Coleman is 30, the leg break has took something out of him and he's been struggling form wise all season. We need to see the writing on the wall for players and be smart, we can't have another Baines situation where we're flogging a player to death because of our bad recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.