January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not 100% sure we need anything.....*waits for people to fume*..... right now.

Realistically this season is going about as well as it can be. We're not going to win anything (unless some miracle happens in the FA Cup which our current squad could win with a bit of fortune going our way). We don't need to push on yet.

In the summer though, I feel we need a fair bit then to have a real go next season after this transition type season.

We probably do need another striker, but aside from that I agree with you that we're pretty much as good as we'll be for this season

Positive steps and signings and were made this summer thankfully

Getting someone in to shore up the striking options wouldn't be the worst idea though, even if it's just a big lump to come off the bench now and then for a few months. It would at least give us a bit of variety

If we can get 6th with what we have now it’d be a right surprise for me.

6th still feels a bit much of an ask for this season. Even though that's where we are. I highly doubt top 6 was the target at the start of the season and we only really have a chance at it because Man United are Dogs.

Next though, with the right summer investment, absolutely should be the target.

We probably do need another striker, but aside from that I agree with you that we're pretty much as good as we'll be for this season

Getting someone in to shore up the striking options wouldn't be the worst idea though, even if it's just a big lump to come off the bench now and then for a few months. It would at least give us a bit of variety

If there's a good striker gettable then of course do it. I just don't want a random fill in for the time being type that won't go towards making a go of it next season.

If you get me.

Blud.

6th still feels a bit much of an ask for this season. Even though that's where we are. I highly doubt top 6 was the target at the start of the season and we only really have a chance at it because Man United are Dogs.

I’d like to think a strong summer of ins, out and coaching we could even aim for 5th. We really aren’t far off having a very good side.

The Mancs might improve and are our biggest challenge for 6th. Do people think Bournemouth are going to go the season without a dip? We are more than equal to anyone else just below us if we can play somewhere near our best form. It could well be on that we get 6th,but it will take a major dip by anyone above us(Chelsea, the Arse, Spurs?) to give us a minor shout for 5th. At least only the most negative posters will be looking down the table...

Bit of a defeatist attitude that if you ask me. Good job Leicester didn’t have that attitude when they actually won the bloody thing!

We are all raving on about how good our new players are. I would say 6th is minimum where we should be aiming for.

Bit of a defeatist attitude that if you ask me. Good job Leicester didn’t have that attitude when they actually won the bloody thing!

We are all raving on about how good our new players are. I would say 6th is minimum where we should be aiming for.
Arsenal Chelsea and spurs playing Europa and Thursday/ Sunday May give us an edge but we will do well to finish 6th or above
Zidane is waiting for Jose to go and according to reports United are targeting Poch for 40m
Can’t see Levy letting him leave because if he does the whole deck of cards will come crumbling down around him
If we somehow manage to shift some of our dross for cash and buy/loan a striker and a RW then all bets are off
Gabrigol on a loan and Lozano please Marcel and if you see your way to signing Andre on a permanent deal that would be nice

I don't see how having a bit of humility makes him defeatist

It’s the sentiment, aim low and don’t be surprised when it happens. It’s all very safe and “Everton”.

We are 6th in the table, I’d much rather hear people being bullish and saying let’s push on, but each to their own of course.

It’s not a criticism of “him” though, so don’t feel like you need to defend his honour.

It’s the sentiment, aim low and don’t be surprised when it happens. It’s all very safe and “Everton”.

We are 6th in the table, I’d much rather hear people being bullish and saying let’s push on, but each to their own of course.

It’s not a criticism of “him” though, so don’t feel like you need to defend his honour.

Mikey defends me like Shane Duffy defends a corner. Badly.

No point breaking our necks in Jan to try and get 6th over 7th

Finishing 6th would put us in a much worse position for next season

We already have Enk & Niasse who are big lumps

Status
Not open for further replies.