January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disputes what RM has said about the CB position I think that will be our priority, we all know he can be a bit liberal with his truths when talking to the media which is fair enough really he wants to boost the confidence of the players that will be playing from now until January. I think the left wing situation will depend on whether we get Cleverly, plenty on here weren't keen in the summer but the general concencus seems to be that he'd be an upgrade on Osman. I'd rather see a more pacey Miralles type be brought in but I'm not sure we will have the money after sorting out CB and a fee of some sort for Cleverly who Roberto is def keen to sign.
I have an issue with this. Cleverly for free is okay, but Cleverly for cash just doesn't sit right.

Nastasic (loan)
Some boss winger (Deulofeu maybe?) (loan)
Matthew Lowton ~ £2-3mi

Boss window

I have an issue with this. Cleverly for free is okay, but Cleverly for cash just doesn't sit right.
Cleverly's loan is only six months right? I'll be happy with him in January if he's cheap. I still think he's a good player with a lot of potential, so a couple million would be fine.

Cleverly's loan is only six months right? I'll be happy with him in January if he's cheap. I still think he's a good player with a lot of potential, so a couple million would be fine.
Hes already played for both villa and utd so far this season so we'd be his third club, you cant play for 3 teams in a season so we wont be signing him in january

At the moment we seem to be getting linked with Carlos Vela and Andre Ayew, I would welcome them both, bringing in Ayew who plays on the left wing, could mean a reduced role for Pienaar though.
I dont want to harp on this too much but you say it as if that is a bad thing?

Hes already played for both villa and utd so far this season so we'd be his third club, you cant play for 3 teams in a season so we wont be signing him in january

i THINK that its calendar year starting January 1. Soooo in theory if he was released by UTD in January i think he could for us.

We certainly need someone to push him and get him refocused.
But I would not want whoever chose robles picking a keeper
Still cannot believe Roberto went and got a huge hard on for awful Wigan players thinking, somehow, that they'd be good enough for us. Aside from McCarthy - who most people thought was their best player anyway - everybody was baffled at Kone (5m), Robles (3m) and Alcaraz (no idea) joining us. All three disastrous signings and cost us about 80k a week. Ridiculous.

4m a year on their wages, plus around 8m on their signings. So, so far we've wasted around 14m on those three alone. Terrible whatever way you look at it.

Still cannot believe Roberto went and got a huge hard on for awful Wigan players thinking, somehow, that they'd be good enough for us. Aside from McCarthy - who most people thought was their best player anyway - everybody was baffled at Kone (5m), Robles (3m) and Alcaraz (no idea) joining us. All three disastrous signings and cost us about 80k a week. Ridiculous.

4m a year on their wages, plus around 8m on their signings. So, so far we've wasted around 14m on those three alone. Terrible whatever way you look at it.

Alcaraz hasn't been as bad a signing as everyone makes out. Robles is a spare keeper, it's hard getting a top class keeper to come and sit on the bench for you when you're not winning trophies. Kone has been massively unlucky, you can't blame Martinez for that.

You are right a complete waste of money.
What baffles me though is how the loan system worked for us so well last season yet this season we have not bothered apart from a reserve striker and a winger from Chelsea who is nowhere near ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.