January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcaraz hasn't been as bad a signing as everyone makes out. Robles is a spare keeper, it's hard getting a top class keeper to come and sit on the bench for you when you're not winning trophies. Kone has been massively unlucky, you can't blame Martinez for that.
Alcaraz is an ok player but he was always injured at wigan and is the same with us we should never have signed him.
Robles is shocking and should never have been bought,there are some good back up keepers out there
As for Kone I don't think he exists

14m on three non-existant players. For a club like Everton that is appalling. 14m would buy us a top class centre half and and a more than decent goalkeeper.

Still cannot believe Roberto went and got a huge hard on for awful Wigan players thinking, somehow, that they'd be good enough for us. Aside from McCarthy

He will be aware of this - perhaps the step up in club took him a bit by surprise during that first month but he soon got his act together.

I'm excited for transfer windows these days but I must admit I can see January being relatively quiet.

14m on three non-existant players. For a club like Everton that is appalling. 14m would buy us a top class centre half and and a more than decent goalkeeper.

Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy, Besic all quality signings from Roberto which shows he has an eye for a player.

Robles was better than most of our previous back up keepers and last season coaxed Howards best form out of him

Alcaraz was free, so yes some wages wasted whilst injured but he was a low risk gamble.

Kone destroyed us in the cup and many on here were clamouring for him. Had he not got injured 6 mill would have proved to be decent money.

The one signing im disappointed with is Mcgeady. Just doesn't seem up to it, would have suited his Wigan side but not in the same league as Mirallas and Pienaar.

Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy, Besic all quality signings from Roberto which shows he has an eye for a player.

Robles was better than most of our previous back up keepers and last season coaxed Howards best form out of him

Alcaraz was free, so yes some wages wasted whilst injured but he was a low risk gamble.

Kone destroyed us in the cup and many on here were clamouring for him. Had he not got injured 6 mill would have proved to be decent money.

The one signing im disappointed with is Mcgeady. Just doesn't seem up to it, would have suited his Wigan side but not in the same league as Mirallas and Pienaar.
Pienaar isn't all that anymore.

Cheeky bid for Winston Reid, if not go back for him on a free in the summer.

I'd go for this too, although it is possible that Arsenal and United might be in for him as well. He is only 26 and I think he will be sold for five or six million this January, otherwise he will leave for free next Summer. It would also have the added bonus of weakening West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.