James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
News our end is that it could be a loan arrangement although some other people have mentioned £3m up front rising to £6m depending on appearances, etc, etc

It would have to be appearance based or I'd wonder about who's running the show over there and why they hadn't done their homework.

anichebe may work hard but he still has to believe in his heard and mind that he wants to be a top player. 1 goal in so long time isnt enough.
Vaughan on the other hand has got natural talent and he gives his all. Remember when he was 18 in the 06/07 campaign he started a run of games in the end and ended up scoring at stamford bridge!
He should be given the nod frequently ahead of vic when fit and if you give him 20 min in every game i bet he'll be starting the games soon

For a decent price I'm game, hes gone on a free after this season anyway if he doesn't impress right?

Last edited:
For a decent price I'm game, hes gone on a free after this season anyway if he doesn't impress right?

Contracted til summer 2011. We'll make the decision next summer on a sale I'd imagine. Loan is a possibility we should be looking at though especially second half of the season if we are looking ok injurywise. Prem team like Stoke or Hull would be perfect for all concerned.;)

Actually think it would be good sense to send him out on loan , and the fact it's a Prem club is all the better for him .

If he does go on loan to Stoke, then we should insist as part of the deal that he plays against us.....Guaranteed not to score

I'd be surprised & disgusted if we sold him, he's had a lot of injury problems but I still think he can be a top class striker. He's missed a huge amount of training over the years but he was a step above most people at a young age & he'll make it up if he stays free of injuries for a while. His attitude is spot on, a lot of people would have a major injury & then be less committed but he's had loads & he still chases every lost ball & harasses defenders into mistakes on a regular basis.

Got a lot of respect for him & as a player he can be really useful, if he can get some good training under his belt & improve his overall game (something I think he definately will do) he'll still be a huge threat at the top level, no matter how many injuries he's had so far.

I don't think we need to be getting rid of anyone to be honest. We need a big squad this season and Vaughan will play his part I'm sure.

We don't currently have enough players to afford to be able to send Vaughan out on loan. I think Moyes will have to pick and choose when to play him this season but I can see him having an impact in some way.

*crosses everything hoping he doesn't get another bad injury otherwise it might be curtains*

Personally i would start him against arsenal on the right wing and see what he can do. It seems when the pressures on, provided he can stay fit he seems to rise to the occasion, i recall a couple years back when our strikers were all injured so vaughan stepped up to play solo striker against chelsea on the last day of the season. He scored a goal which they later equalized, and almost put us ahead again with an excellent bicycle kick effort.

i think its too early to loan him out now, we don't know how injuries and form will play out. I'd rather we held onto him, try him out to see if he can make it at midfielder (thats where we need reinforcements), and if he's found to be in surplus of our needs we can loan him out in january.

its now or never vaughany, get in!

With Jo's ankle looking a bit dodgy, Vic still out, and Yakubu still not fully recovered, it looks like Vaughan & Saha are our only fit strikers!

Status
Not open for further replies.