James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see a true athlete and very quick - hence high potential. Against Reading last winter at GP, he produced an overhead kick of which Cahill would be proud. Against Chelsea the previous season, he managed a shot on goal when the ball was behind him, somehow snaked his leg around it and forced a good save. But they're very brief glimmers of talent...

In my opinion, not enough to justify his reputation as having high potential.

5 years ago he made his first senior appearence...

Fingers crossed he can get it together and go on to be a useful player for us.

Make or break for him this season. But I feel it will be break and he will follow the likes of Branch & Jevons and find his feet at a lower level. But whwerever he ends up , good luck to the lad.

Jesus if Stoke wanna give us 6m for him i'd bite their hand off. And then drive him there myself.

The only risk is that we will be losing a possible top quality striker, but thats a very small risk considering his track record here.

Would be a shame it didn't work out for him but 6m is a superb deal for what we will be losing. He can be easily replaced with another youngster who we get just as many games and goals from.

Lets just hope that he can prove himself to be a worthy Premier League Striker, on potential he is a world beater, he just needs to calm down a bit and his fortunes will change, he runs round like a headless chicken throwng his weight around, but he does try too hard to prove himself.

To be recognised as the thid fastest person of his age group in the UK and smashing Owens schoolboy record, he must have something, Moyes would have released him by now if he is so overrated, plus Moyes sees him in training, which we don't so lets wait and see that happens.

I think Vaughan will get his last chance this season. As stated above, he has a long injurylist but hopefully that will be in the past since his last surgery. He has his work cut out since he has Jo, Yak & Saha in front of him in the line. I still think Moyes have Vaughan ahead of Anichebe, but if he gets any more serious injuries this season I don't think he'll be here for the 2010/2011 season.

If it wasn't for the string of injuries he has suffered , who knows where he would be now. But I honestly feel he is in the last chance saloon....Maybe we should take the money now and allow Baxter to move up the pecking order.

where did the suggestion of stoke offering 6mill come from..?

if that is really being offered, then thats seriously good money for vaughn. he's given it a good go at everton but somehow it hasn't worked out.. maybe a pressure-less environ will see him prosper a bit more.

where did the suggestion of stoke offering 6mill come from..?

if that is really being offered, then thats seriously good money for vaughn. he's given it a good go at everton but somehow it hasn't worked out.. maybe a pressure-less environ will see him prosper a bit more.

News our end is that it could be a loan arrangement although some other people have mentioned £3m up front rising to £6m depending on appearances, etc, etc

well imo a half season loan to some club where he would get alot of game time, would be alot better then selling the lad.

News our end is that it could be a loan arrangement although some other people have mentioned £3m up front rising to £6m depending on appearances, etc, etc

Cant see Moyes letting him go mate - maybe a loan, he a massive fan, heres some of his comments today:

“He is getting closer to it and every extra training session he puts in is a bonus because he has missed so much of the last seven or eight months.

“He wasn’t fit at the end of last season, albeit that we had to use him in certain situations. But it’s obvious he is still in need of games and practice.

“He is no longer a boy now, and we know he still has a lot to offer."

Can i ask you mate, how you rate the cetre half situation at Stoke seemed a good pairing with Shawcross and Faye toward the back end of the season - will they be regulars this season? Shawcross looks a player?

Just seen all the rumours on your sight.

Just to join in the fun this is who we are signing :)D)

Dean Ashton
Habib Beye
David Bentley
O'Neil & (Huth or Riggot) from Boro
Joe Ledley
Sidwell

Tosic ? on loan from Man Utd

You heard it here nfirst :lol:

Just seen all the rumours on your sight.

Just to join in the fun this is who we are signing :)D)

Dean Ashton
Habib Beye
David Bentley
O'Neil & (Huth or Riggot) from Boro
Joe Ledley
Sidwell

Tosic ? on loan from Man Utd

You heard it here nfirst :lol:

I think you may bring a few fans on here away with you mate! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.