2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just won't see it Joey.

I'd have loved it to work out. It hasn't.

People need to let go and focus on the right now.

Thing is, this is where I disagree.

It did work out. He was very, very good for us in spells last season. We knew what we were getting into with the injuries. So us moaning about that is like if you get with a skank who happens to be a solid 9/10 even though you know the risks, and then moaning about ending up with clap.

Now, it didn't work to the extent that we got Europe but that's not really on James. It's on our manager at the time and our DoF having piled all of our reliance on him from a creative stand point. The numbers back that up too. Our open play numbers when he played were good. He was at the heart of them. When he didn't play (which like we knew when we signed him he would miss a fair few games) we resorted to basic togger and it was grim and then it was all about rushing James back as quickly as possible, or having to give him weeks off at crucial times because we'd previously overworked him. BTW, we're seeing exactly that now with DCL... so that's not just on James.

So I dispute that it didn't work out. He was excellent. Didn't play enough but if the club actually thought they'd get more minutes out of him, then they were mad.

Also had no issue with him going in the window if we could get a player in. But atm we're short

No I’m not having a go at him, I’m saying in that position if I was desperate to play for Everton I would not have gone yachting. I also did qualify it by saying who knows if Benitez had already told him he had zero chance of playing before he went yachting so it might not be his fault.
Sounds great if he was at FF training and being a good bloke on Saturday, can’t say I noticed it in here due to the pages upon pages of people arguing.
Yeah, it was mentioned when people questioned his professionalism etc. The fact that even on a day he wasn't picked, he went in to train etc. Got shouted down as usual as doesn't fit with what people think of him.

Main thing is Moshiri learns from this, stupid signing, waste of money, no more dumb premadonna signings, was mad enough years ago giving a last pay day to Mark Hughes, Gazza, Ginola...etc but least they actually wanted to.play, this one was just too keep Carlo happy.

If it's not premadonna signings it's utter garbage we can't get rid of like Delph and Iwobi.

Not working full stop.

Thing is, this is where I disagree.

It did work out. He was very, very good for us in spells last season. We knew what we were getting into with the injuries. So us moaning about that is like if you get with a skank who happens to be a solid 9/10 even though you know the risks, and then moaning about ending up with clap.

Now, it didn't work to the extent that we got Europe but that's not really on James. It's on our manager at the time and our DoF having piled all of our reliance on him from a creative stand point. The numbers back that up too. Our open play numbers when he played were good. He was at the heart of them. When he didn't play (which like we knew when we signed him he would miss a fair few games) we resorted to basic togger and it was grim and then it was all about rushing James back as quickly as possible, or having to give him weeks off at crucial times because we'd previously overworked him. BTW, we're seeing exactly that now with DCL... so that's not just on James.

So I dispute that it didn't work out. He was excellent. Didn't play enough but if the club actually thought they'd get more minutes out of him, then they were mad.

Also had no issue with him going in the window if we could get a player in. But atm we're short
For clarity - work out for the duration of his contract.

Cheers

Main thing is Moshiri learns from this, stupid signing, waste of money, no more dumb premadonna signings, was mad enough years ago giving a last pay day to Mark Hughes, Gazza, Ginola...etc but least they actually wanted to.play, this one was just too keep Carlo happy.
Will he(Moshiri) learn tho?

He seems too obsessed with the Marque mentality, not like he hasn't made this mistake in recent times before, the lets do the same thing over and over and expect a different result approach is destined to fail.

A loan?!

An bloody loan?!

Probably subsidising his wages to boot?!

To a club in one of the richest countries in the world?!

At a time when we cannot replace him?

Any way you slice it it's ridiculous situation to be in from the club - even the Benitez cultists must see that.

Let see if we actually bank any of these so called savings for use in the January transfer window eh - I hope Marcel can drag himself away from his sunbed....

Status
Not open for further replies.