2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole scenario makes me think there is more to it than we know. The fact he was widely reported to be on £100k last year and it is now seemingly £200k. I wonder if his contract stipulated that he would earn x amount year 1 and increase to y year 2. The gamble we made was that we would have European football and release a load of high earners, so it would be affordable. Or alternatively, that a successful season inspired by a resurgent Rodriguez would result in other clubs sniffing around and we could cash in on a nice little earner.

It could also be a case that playing him this season would trigger a payment to Real Madrid, ala Gareth Barry, but perhaps more expensive, and with our financial circumstances, coupled with what happened with Ancelotti, we have instead decided to get rid at all costs.

I had similar suspicions on Bolasie, the way he was left out of squads altogether, that had he played any more games it would trigger a performance related fee or an auto contract extension similar to the 1 Arouna Kone had.

The fact is, we know very little about these deals, how they are structured or the behind the scenes workings.

But the bottom line is, we do not want James here anymore. That much is completely obvious.
....and lock the thread.

Summed up perfectly.

It was originally a pay cut from his 140k he had been on at Madrid if you look back at the media reports then. Even in July this year, Marca were reporting it was 7m a year (134k a week).

In all honesty, I wouldn't believe a single thing I read about what he earns because the figures vary wildly

I've read that he was earning anything between £140k and £280k per week at Madrid. I've equally read that he's earning anything from £90k per week to £250k per week here (albeit that £90k per week shout was just some insane babble on here yesterday).

Given that what he earns is probably made up from a combination of basic wages, a signing on fee spread over his contract, image rights and who knows what else, I wouldn't mind betting that there's truth in most of the figures you see, just that some of them only take into account certain elements of what he earns.

Let's just agree that he earns a lot of money, is probably our top earner and isn't going to justify the money he earns

I seem to remember us being equally desperate to get Rooney off the wage bill in a similar situation when we realised he was our biggest earner and wasn't going to be close to justifying it.

A loan?!

An bloody loan?!

Probably subsidising his wages to boot?!

To a club in one of the richest countries in the world?!

At a time when we cannot replace him?

Any way you slice it it's ridiculous situation to be in from the club - even the Benitez cultists must see that.

Let see if we actually bank any of these so called savings for use in the January transfer window eh - I hope Marcel can drag himself away from his sunbed....
I'm putting you down as a "not bothered" if James stays or goes. :cool:

From Bascombe in the Telegraph...

(And I'm going to get the popcorn for the replies)

"The Colombian signed a two-year Goodison deal worth £250k a week in 2020. His contract included a clause to activate a third year based on appearances. Given Rodriguez was only available for 48 per cent of the minutes Everton played last season, that was not triggered. It never will be, either, given the understandable reticence to spend a further £26 million in wages on the 30-year-old over the next two campaigns."

:coffee:

Yikes - 90k a week tho. lol

Oh Louie.

How do you know that ?
But ......if you're right I don't blame him , I wouldn't want Benitez as my manager either.
So he doesnt want to be here BUT rUns to a far away planet to a unknown culture ?

James is desperate to get minutes ...he needs yo play to get into Colombias NT , thats what rueda told Him, the team , the league in wich he does it , doesnt matter ( look at Quintero and cuellar , one plays in china and the other in saudí arabia , both are normally called to play for Colombia).

He wants to play , Him running away is just James realizing Benítez won't let him do so , be it a sistem or personal Vendetta with Him .

James is runing to catar just so he can get the minutes to be in Colombias team , it's AM emeegency measure trigerred by not being able to play at everton.

SO this "he doesnt want to play " theory here is nonsense , he is wiling yo play aniwhere ! As proven from this loan to frigging Mars .

From Bascombe in the Telegraph...

(And I'm going to get the popcorn for the replies)

"The Colombian signed a two-year Goodison deal worth £250k a week in 2020. His contract included a clause to activate a third year based on appearances. Given Rodriguez was only available for 48 per cent of the minutes Everton played last season, that was not triggered. It never will be, either, given the understandable reticence to spend a further £26 million in wages on the 30-year-old over the next two campaigns."

:coffee:
If he's gone, then as far as I'm concerned the higher his wage was, the better news it is that he's gone.

His wage goes up to accommodate the narrative. If he's now, apparently, on over £200k then it suits the "we have no choice but to not use him and get rid" line.

100% - it's been happening all summer

July - it was 'towards 200k'
August - '200k'
End of August/after deadline day - Joyce said it was 200k, Simon Hughes said 200k
Sept 6 - O'Keefe claims north of 200k
Sept 21 - 250k

Miraculous contract he's got going on here

In all honesty, I wouldn't believe a single thing I read about what he earns because the figures vary wildly

I've read that he was earning anything between £140k and £280k per week at Madrid. I've equally read that he's earning anything from £90k per week to £250k per week here (albeit that £90k per week shout was just some insane babble on here yesterday).

Given that what he earns is probably made up from a combination of basic wages, a signing on fee spread over his contract, image rights and who knows what else, I wouldn't mind betting that there's truth in most of the figures you see, just that some of them only take into account certain elements of what he earns.

Let's just agree that he earns a lot of money, is probably our top earner and isn't going to justify the money he earns

I seem to remember us being equally desperate to get Rooney off the wage bill in a similar situation when we realised he was our biggest earner and wasn't going to be close to justifying it.
I couldn't really care less how much he is earning to be honest. We over pay all of our players, but letting him go now just leaves us in a worse situation as we don't have a full squad as it is.

We have bigger wasters at the club who in 3 years have contributed much less than him in his 1 year. And have cost us much more than him.

We also won't replace his creativity and have essentially lost our 2 most creative players from last season and replaced them with players who have never matched what either of them gave us last season.

same bloke reported 'in line with Everton's highest earners' last September. unless Bernard and Gylfi were/are also on 250k a week...

Tbh mate I think a lot of team James are paranoid. Journalists are not going to risk being sued for libel by James/his agent for reporting fake news when the club give them no inside scoops these days.

Nothing in it for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.